Cassidy and Sam

LANI'S POV

   Cassidy was taking an unusually long pause in her words. Building up suspense of course. I hit her with my arm and she laughed, "Okay, I'll tell you. Sam and I have been dating since right before I left."

   "Wait!" I screamed standing up, ready to bolt to Sam's house, "He's dated other girls! Multiple girls!!!!!"

   Cassidy grabbed my arm and sat me down, "Let me explain, cause it's complicated."

   I sat down and Cassidy began explaining, adding details about life before she moved so Asiah wouldn't be completely confused. "As you know before I moved I had a crush on Sam. We had been friends since I met Lani, but I didn't start liking him until a couple years before I moved. I thought about asking him to one of the dances, but I didn't cause, how could that not be weird. A girl asking a guy."

   "Wow." Asiah interrupted, " My school sure was different."

   "What?!" Cassidy and I both screamed.

   "At my school, no one made a big deal If a girl asked out a guy. Actually it was more common for a girl to ask a guy."

   "Whoa." Cassidy and I said.

   "Well. I guess I'll finish." Cassidy continued, "I told everyone that I was moving right before the end of school, and I was moving right before school the next year. Sam and I walked home together with Kian because we all lived in the same neighborhood. Well, as we were leaving school, Sam asked if I would stay at school and help him with homework. This was a couple days after I told everybody I was moving, and two weeks before school ended. I was skeptical about the fact that he had homework, but I went with him to the field anyway to help him. When we got there I set down my backpack and turned around. The next thing I know I'm being kissed by Sam Pottorff. Long story short, Sam and I started dating secretly over the summer because we both knew if we made it public we would be official, which Sam and I wouldn't be able to handle me leaving. When I left we both agreed that we could date other people, then we would talk about it when I got back."

   "So you guys have talked?" I asked.

   "Yeah," Cassidy said.

   "Are you guys dating now?" Asiah asked.

   "No." Cassidy said, "He's dating that girl, remember. And he said he's over me. He said there was no chance we would get together."