10: Getting Found

SONNY'S P.O.V.

My head drops when she leaves, not wanting to believe she just left with him willingly. I know why she did, she didn't want to watch me die. Only she left me watching her leave with him, might as well have been me watching her die. I sit there, tied to a chair and unable to move or do anything but wait. It's sometime in the afternoon now, and that fact that I missed work should have raised flags with Olivia and the team. Except, they wouldn't think to check Maddison's, they don't even know that she has a past with an escaped criminal. I decide to try and do something to get out, to get attention. I try to move the chair by bouncing over to the window, or the door but I quickly fall to the ground, stuck there. "Damn it." I mutter on my side. I decide to start banging my elbow against the wood floor, that being the only piece of my body able to move enough to make noise. I bang against the floor for hours, sometimes shouting out for help, hoping a neighbor somewhere will hear me and call the police.

Eventually, there's a knock on the door to the apartment and I shout, "help! In here! Help!" trying to assure they enter the apartment.

The door opens quietly and in walks in one plain dressed officer, "Hello?" He shouts into the air.

"In here!" I yell back. He turns the corner and see's me. "Help me out, come on!" I shout to him, knowing I need to get moving to find her.

He looks around with his gun drawn, "is anyone else here?" He asks.

"No, it's just me. Come on!" I shout to him.

He comes over, lowering his weapon to cut me loose, "are you okay? Should I call an ambulance?" He questions after cutting off my wrist ties.

"No, I'm fine. I need a phone!" I tell him as he moves to cut my legs free. He gives me a weird glare and was about to deny my request when I tell him, "I'm detective Carisi of the special victims unit. The 16th Precinct. I need to call my Lieutenant!" I hurriedly spit out to him. He still looks at me strangely and I shout again, "come on!" I urge him on spouting out my badge number.

He hands me his cell phone with a bit of hesitation and I quickly dial Olivia's number, "Benson." She answers.

"Sarge, it's Sonny" I say

She tries to say with relief, "we've been looking for--"

But I stop her from continuing, "listen, listen to me!" I yell over her, "Doyle McClan has Maddison! He's an escaped prisoner from Florida. You need to call Maddison's dad and the BAU. He has her!" I yell into the phone.

"Sonny, calm down. Where are you?" She asks.

I answer, "I'm at Maddison's apartment. He had us both but he took her. Hours ago! He said they had a plane to catch."

"Okay" she says calmly, "stay where you are, we're coming."

"No, there's nothing here. I'm coming in!" I tell her, hanging up before she can tell me no. I hand the officer his phone back, "this is a crime scene, call in your superior." I go to walk out. He stutters, trying to respond but I am out of there before he can fully form a sentence. I run into the precinct with sweat pouring down my face, "Sarge!" I call to Olivia whose hovering over a file with Amanda and Finn.

"Sonny, what the hell happened?" Amanda asks when she sees me. I totally forgot about all the bruises and blood I was covered in, not even knowing the extent of the damage.

I retort, "there's no time." I say to her then look to my boss, "did you call them?"

Olivia nods, "yes, they are all on their way. Sonny, I need you to come with me and tell me what's going on." She directs firmly.

"There's isn't time!" I assure her, with a harsh tone.

"If we're going to get Maddison, then I need to know what happened, everything." She explains to me, trying to calm me down.

Although I don't want to waste any time, I know she's right with needing details. I lower my head with a nod and say, "alright." She ushers me into her office and I sit down, giving her all the details about Doyle that I know, starting from our trip to D.C when he escaped. I don't know how long it takes for me to explain everything to her, but I try to spit it out in a rush. "Do you think they left yet?" I ask her, wondering where the hell he could've taken her.

"We checked all outgoing manifests in New York and the surrounding states. There's been no passengers with Maddison's name or description of someone matching Doyle's appearance. We are waiting for a list of aliases Doyle has used in the past from the FBI, their technical analyst should be calling soon."

I nod, still unable to control my breathing, "alright, good. What about private airports?"

"We checked those too. We're doing everything we can right now. We'll get her back." She responds firmly.

"I need to talk to Maddison's father when he gets here. There are things Doyle said that I want to question, things that can help us get her back."

Olivia pushes her hands up, "ok, ok slow down." He directs, "the BAU is taking her case Sonny, that's up
to them but I will request it."

"What? We're just gonna pass this over to them? She works here, she's one of our own." I argue, pissed at the idea.

"And we won't take another case until we get her back but they know this man Sonny, they have a profile on him and have been on this since his escape. It's our best shot at getting her back." She explains calmly to me "they have more resources."

My teeth are gritted tight but she has a point that I can't argue. I can't let my pride or feelings get in the way of getting Maddison back to here, back to me, "fine, what can I do?" I ask her, needing to do something.

She stands to move away from her desk, "why don't you go get checked out and cleaned up." I go to decline the suggestion but she adds on, "you look horrible, I'll call you the moment the FBI team shows. Promise." She insists.

"Fine." I reluctantly agree.