24: Broken Teens

Sonny and I decide although I am not ready for us to move in together, we will give each other a key to our places. We meet at work on Monday morning. Me in hand with fresh brewed coffee for everyone else and some decaf for myself and Amanda, "hey, it's good to have you back." Fin stands up when I walk into the precinct, "your boyfriend is a bit too chatty when you're not around." He comments.

I laugh back, handing him a cup of coffee, "where is he anyway?" I ask, looking for him and Olivia.

I move to Amanda next and hand her a cup of decaf. She takes it, placing it down and thanks me. Fin responds, "court house, Rudnik is changing his plea to guilty."

"Oh, well that's some news." I return before he is fully out of ear shot.

Amanda looks up to me and thanks me for the coffee, "thanks, but I can't have any, I'm pregnant." She gets out, clearly just wanting to tell people to get it over with.

I smile back with a nod and say, "I know, it's decaf."

Her eyes lighten up just a bit and she picks it up off the table to drink some, "it's good to have you back." She smiles before taking a short sip.

"Alright, well I guess I better man these phone's." I place the other coffee's in front of my desk and sit to turn my computer on.

"I'm sure Benson will give ya some calls, we're too short staffed to keep you on the desk for long." Rollins tells me, typing up a report.

I answer her back, "I'll take whatever, I'm just happy to be back." The familiar sound of the computer booting up rings out and I sign into the computer, "how far along are you anyway Amanda?" I ask, making conversation.

She instantly answers back "about 15 weeks."

"Wow! And you just found out? You don't even look pregnant!" I compliment her, already jealous. She'll lose her baby weight in no time.

She chuckles, a bit uneasy, "I was putting it off, yanno."

"I get it." I answer back, figuring she doesn't want to talk about who the father is.

Sonny and Olivia come in to the office a little before lunch. He fills me in on what happened and Olivia fills me in on what my responsibilities are for the week, or should I say what my responsibilities are not for the week. The day goes by pretty quickly and everyone is excited to be out of work on time for once when I get a call about a girl pushed off a bridge nearby. Although there aren't too many details, Olivia sends Amanda and Sonny. The next day, I am able to find a video of the attack on our victim, Avery, and it shows everything that led up to him being pushed down. I show Amanda and Finn one of the videos. She moves to get Benson and we move to the big T.V. When Olivia walks out, she asks, "you got something?"

"Well, I was checking social media, looking around the area where the crime occurred, and these finally popped up."

I click play on the screen and the video rolls of these boys bullying Avery on the bridge, "these?" Benson asks, a bit surprised there is more than one.

Finn elaborates, "three separate cell phone videos so far."

Amanda gives another detail, "they all begin after it started, but you get the idea."

We all watch and listen to the kids in the video, "what's under there?" One asks.

"Beat his ass" a girl in the crowd yells.

"Oh, he's slapping him around." Another one comments.

We here a voice say, "Darius, we're going to get in trouble."