32: Okay

Sonny's P.O.V.

"Where is she?!" I burst into the waiting room of Mercy hospital and spot Amanda right away.

"Third door on the left." She directs me calmly, staying seated.

I throw my badge towards the women at the desk and walk straight through the door. I open her hospital door, "Maddison, what's going on? Are you okay?" I ask her, before even realizing she's not in her bed. My heart races and I say a bit louder, "Maddison?!"

I hear a toilet flush and I turn to meet the sound from behind a closed door. The sink turns on and I wait in silence for her to come out the door. As soon as it opens I greet her, pulling her into my arms tightly, "hi" she barely chokes out.

"Are you okay?" I ask her again now that she's in front of me.

She pulls away and smiles just a little, "I'm fine, the babies are too." She assures me with a small squeeze of my arms.

"Thank God." I utter, a feeling of relief rushing over me, "what happened? What did they say?" I ask her, starting to walk her to the hospital bed.

She shakes her head as she crawls back into the bed, "my blood pressure spiked. When I heard you call in shots fired, I thought the worst." She tells me, feeling as if a knife just went through my heart.

I sit next to her, pulling her into my arms, "I'm so sorry to scare you like that hon, I was--"

She interrupts me and says, "it's alright, you were doing your job. I just, I'm over emotional and I freaked." She tries to convince me that's it not on me.

"I could've said something more, let you know I was safe. I'm sorry." I say back, so relieved all three of them are and will be okay, "are they keeping you overnight?" I ask her next, stroking her hair.

"They want too, but it'd like to go home. Hospitals worry me more than ease me." She returns back. I sigh and try to convince her otherwise but she doesn't change her mind, "I'm not going to stay here and give IAB a reason to keep me outta work!" She argues one last time. She checks herself out within the hour.

I call Olivia as Maddison deals with her paperwork, "yah, she's okay. Blood pressure spike, she's going home will be fine to be in tomorrow." I say directly to her after she asks when she answers with the question.

"Good, why don't you take the night to stay with her and come back in in the morning." She offers.

"Sarge, I can come in. We're in the middle of a case here, that rapist is still out there." I say to remind her.

"It's going to be a long night at the hospital and with IAB dealing with this shooting. Take the night." She pushes again.

"Alright. Thanks." I hang up and meet Maddison and Amanda at the front of the hospital.

The officer that drove Amanda and Maddison here has left, so we hail a cab, dropping Amanda off at her apartment along the way, "see you guys later." She waves at us with a smile before turning to waddle into her apartment.

Once we start moving again, Maddison leans over and rests her head on my shoulder. It doesn't take long before I feel her chest rise and lower in a slow manner, signaling she's fallen asleep. I gently wake her up once we arrive at my apartment and help walk her into the building. "Ugh, I'm exhausted." She mutters out once we get inside. She kicks off her shoes and stumbles towards the bedroom. I follow behind her, still not wanting to leave her side. She quickly gets into the bed, keeping her work clothes on and slides under the blanket, "I don't think I've ever felt so exhausted before."

"It's been quiet a long night." I agree with her, pulling her into my arms.

She nestles up next to me and wraps an arm around my waist, "what do you want to name the babies?" she whispers out to me, throwing me off guard a bit.

I smile, fully aware she can't see it but respond still, "we haven't talked about it, do you have any preferences?" I ask her, starting to run my fingers gently up and down her back.

She hums just a little with a thought but doesn't say what it is as I can tell she is drifting back into slumber. When my alarm beeps me awake, I quickly turn it off to allow Maddison extra sleep. As I creep out of the bed she stirs awake though and mumbles out to me, "it's time for work already?" She asks.

I go back to the bed and sit next to her, "afraid so doll, but I'm sure Benson would understand if you took today off." I suggest.

She sits up, wiping the crust from her eyes, "no, I'll have enough days off when the babies come. I'm fine."

"I was going to hop in the shower but I can make you breakfast afterwards" I say to her, "what would you like?"

"Actually, a shower sounds nice." She grins deviously at me, waking up just a bit more.

I shake my head at her in disbelief and joy, wondering how the hell I got so lucky, "well, let's go then."

After our shower, where we graciously helped each other out, we each eat a quick bowl of cereal before hailing a cab and heading to work . Once at the station, Fin is the first one to say something, "way to leave me with all the paperwork Carisi!"

I can't tell if he's joking or serious but before I could say anything back to him, Maddison chimes up and retorts, "when you get your partner pregnant, he'll make it up to you!"

Fin chortles back and smirks, returning his attention back to his desk. I put my hand on her back, rubbing it gently as we move forward to our own desks. Rollins informs us that the boy who was shot didn't make it and that IAB is investigating the three officers involved. Maddison bites her lip when Amanda says, "and the rapist is still at large."

"We gotta get that S.OB." I say, logging into my computer to report on the search of the apartment I did last night prior to leaving for the hospital. The for of us work at our desks, waiting on word from Benson.