56: A Different World

During the search, Amanda found a picture of Mr. Munson and his wife on some kind of vacation with a fellow CO. The women who is his look out. Olivia asks Amanda to sit in on the interview with her, hoping they could mange to get her to confess and give us something that will nail Gary's ass to the wall. It works, and Olivia gets his partner to turn and tell us what we need to know. There's a women outside of prison, a sister of an inmate that he visits every Sunday. Finn and I go to visit her, and she agree's to testify against him. The next week, without Garry in attendance Leanne, Charrise, Orita and Mrs. Munson all go in front of a grand jury. They indict him. Olivia and Dodds warn us all to watch our backs and we all have a rather tense weekend watching things unfold in the media. However, nothing happens and the next time Barba steps in front of a judge it is with Gary on the other side that next Monday morning. The judge still disagree's against no bail, so he raises the price and bangs his gavel. We all gather together in our office to say goodbye to Dodd's and wish him well on his next adventure. As we all laugh and chat, Olivia comes over and says, "hey, guys, that was Lisa Munson. We need to do a clothes job."

"She's leaving him" I say back, "and he made bail?"

Olivia answers "yes, so she just needs a little support getting her out of there."

Sonny offers, "you want me to go with you?"

Fin also offers, "i'll do it."

Dodds jumps in, "you know what? I'll go."

Olivia looks at him, a bit shocked, "you're packing up, it's your last day."

He shrugs, taking one last bite of cake, "guy like that sees a sergeant and a lieutenant, he'll listen."

She smiles and agree's, "you're right" and the two of them leave the precinct.

Maybe an hour or two later, someone from Barba's office calls us over. Sonny and I quickly get there, and meet him in his office. He tells us the run down of what happened, and then we look at the tape, "okay, so you said he threatened you twice, when was the first time?" I ask him, looking at the young man on the video screen.

"Uh, after the Munson indictments, he stopped me in front of the courthouse, and said he could throw me down the stairs and crack open my skull." He tells us, visibly shaken.

"Why didn't you tell us about that?" Sonny pushes.

He replies, "i've been getting threats all year."

"All year?" I ask, "so this may have nothing to do with Rikers. When did the threats start? What kind of threats?"

He sighs heavily, "hangups, mostly, on my cell, from burners, a few texts."

Sonny says back, "okay, we're running this through facial recognition."

And I say as I text Amanda, "and I'm having Rollins call Intel, get you a security detail."

"Is there someone there you trust?" He asks, getting both of our attention. I pause on sending that message and he elaborates for us, "the threat started after I indicted the three cops who shot Terrence Reynolds."

Sonny and I share a glance and I get out of my test messages and tell him, "I'm calling Benson." She picks up after a few rings and I say instantly, "yeah, Lieutenant, uh, sorry to bother you, we got a situation here."

She replies, "yeah, well, I have a situation here, too. Munson is holding Dodds and Lisa in the house, and I think that he's armed." She doesn't let me explain when she says, "Chief Dodds just got here, I'll call you back." She hangs up and I tell Barba and Sonny what she just told me.

Barba says, "go, go. I'll be fine." And Sonny and I nod and he gets on the phone to call Amanda and Finn as soon as we move.

Sonny and I get to the Munson's too late to help and see the ambulance pulling away. Fin and Amanda got their before us, texting us updates as we drove. We run up to Olivia, visibly shook by the events that took place here, "how is he? How is Dodds?" Sonny asks.