31: Down

Amanda gets a hit on the credit card and she quickly texts Olivia the store name and address, we wait, me more impatiently then her for some kind of news on if they got the perp or not from the information Amanda passed on. As we sit there, I hear a call on the radio to lock down the neighborhood the store is in. I exhale slowly, putting my hand to my stomach and rubbing, "Hey, Carisi's gonna be fine Maddison. He knows what he's doing."

I bite my lower lip while nodding, finally saying back "I know, I just.. it's hard not being out there with him."

"Imagine how he'd feel with you out there, huh? Carrying his kids looking for a dangerous perp." She returns back.

I don't have anything to say back to her so instead I say, "I just want this thug off the street."

"You and me both." She agree's and we wait for further information. 15 or so minutes pass when we hear another call on the radio, this time by someone who spotted our perp.

We wait for what feels like forever before someone radio's over, "shots fired, Clayton Powell Houses."

"Was that?" Amanda asks, looking over to me with concerned eyes.

"I don't— I don't feel so good." I tell her, steadying myself against a desk. That was Sonny's voice on the radio, no doubt about it. Nothing further was said into it. I don't know if he shot at someone, he was shot, or he was just calling it in but my whole world feels like it was ripped from underneath me "Amanda.. I.." I fall over, catching myself on the desk, my knees almost just barely slamming into the floor.

She hurries to my side, helping me to sit down in a chair, "I need some help in here!" I hear her call loudly.

"I can't-- I can't be a single mom. I can't raise two kids on my own." I start to blabber, my mind racing with the worst possible scenario.

"Take a breath Maddison, you're going to be okay." She takes my hand and stands in front of me, trying to calm me down with breaths, "Hey, we need to get to a hospital." She mutters to the officer who came over to help her with me.

"Got it!" He quickly moves somewhere else and Amanda tries to lift me up.

She grunts a little but manages to get me standing, the officer returns with a set of keys in his hand and helps, "let me get her. I don't need two pregnant officers going into early labor."

"Early labor?" I barely manage to get out. I know I'm not 20 weeks along which means this wouldn't be early labor, this would be a miscarriage.

The next thing I see is the ceiling of a car and the sounds of sirens as someone drives me to a hospital, "come on Maddison, come on. Come back to me now."

Sonny's P.O.V.

After calling in shots fired, I pat down the perp for a weapon, except there isn't one. I didn't witness the shoot out, only heard it. Benson sends me up to the man's apartment, floor 5 to start searching for anything to tie him to our crimes. I knock on the door hard, "NYPD! Open up!" I shout out. Another young male opens the door and before he can even say hello I ask him, "where does Terrence keep his stuff?"

I push him aside and walk in, "don't you need a warrant?" He asks me as I start looking through things.

"It'll be here any second." I return, turning back towards him, "why? You got something to hide?" I step a bit closer, wagging my finger in his face.

He asks me, "was that Terrence who got shot? Why?"

"He ran." I tell him flatly as I turn. I spot a dresser and quickly step to it, "can I look in here?" the man hesitates so I push him further, "yes or no? What's in here that you don't want me to see?"

"It ain't even mine. Go ahead and look, man." He finally spits out nervously.

I open the top drawer and start searching through it, "how well do you know your roommate?" I ask as I scourer.

"We met, like, three months ago on Craigslist. He's a quiet dude." He tells me.

"Okay. Well, he's got pills here. He's got a few joints." I turn to show him the bag of goodies that was in the drawer, "this gives me probable cause to search this whole place. You get that, right?"

He shakes his head, stuttering, "N..No."

"You covering for him?" I push, knowing he's shaken up right now, "that makes you an accessory to the rape of a 12-year-old girl. Were you in on that?"

"Nnno. No. Look wherever you want, man." He gives me the permission I was looking for.

I walk over to the fridge, "where was he last night?"

"I don't know, I was working. You can ask my boss." He returns.

"Believe me, I will." I turn back and ask, "your roommate cut his hair recently?"

He says, "Nah, man. He always had a fade."

I exhale, knowing this is starting to look worse then it was before. There's nothing here linking him to any of the rapes. I call Benson, to give her the news. After I hang up, I notice 12 missed calls from Amanda, "what's going on, we got a shot suspect and no weapon--" I say into the phone as soon as she picks up.

"Carisi, stop talking. It's Maddison." She interrupts my blabbering.

"What about her?" I run into the hallway, heart racing.

"She passed out, we just got her to Mercy." She tells me.

"I'm on my way!" I shout, already moving towards the exit. I tell the two officers at the end of the hall to go in and watch his roommate. I get to the street and call Olivia, to tell her where I'm going, "Liv, Maddison is at Mercy, she passed out. I'm on my way over there."

"What?" She simply asks, but doesn't actually give me anytime to respond before she says, "alright, keep me posted. Did you get someone to stay at the apartment?" She asks.

"Two officers." I tell her. I go over to an officer who's standing by his car, "my girlfriends pregnant and in the hospital, can I get ride?" I ask him. He nods, waving goodbye to his pal and moving to the driver side. "I'll check in soon!" I say to her, hanging up. I tell the officer to drive me to Mercy and he speeds out of there.