My Mate

AMY ALLISON wanted a sister, she had a big brother, who was anything but loving to her. But the desire for a sister was still there.

One day, on her second day of first grade, she met one.

ALYSSA MELL started off with a bad start. Both parents neglected Alyssa, not caring much for the small girl that was a mess of blonde curls and doe carmel eyes.

Her parents didn't even drive her to her first day of school.
Or her second, but that was the day she met Amy, her best friend.

THAT was the first of many memories.

From then on the two remained inseparable. Amys parents found out about Alyssas home problem, actually, it was Axel who discovered the little seven year old crying with bruises on her face.
That made the family to have a meetimg, causing Alyssa to become very nervous as she was invited to sit down, that was the first and only time the family ever saw Axel cry. Alyssa could only watch as everyone comforted the ten year old.

That was the day Alyssa became a social Allison.

She stayed over at their house more than her own, which her parents didn't care and thankfully no punishments.

Alyssa came to everyone of their birthdays, Axels, Amys, their mother and fathers. On her tenth birthday, they threw her her first birthday party which brought tears to her eyes and a smile on her face.

At thirteen, she was part of something important to the family. Axels sixteenth birthday.

The family rushed around and Axel would wring his hands in nerves every few seconds as Amy wove streamers through Alyssas hair.
"You're going to be fine Axel, just got to open a few presents and blow out some candles-" Amy tugged her friends hair, telling her to shut it. Axel turned and smiled at her humour, nerves slightly subsiding.

"Thanks Al." He tugged gently on one of her streamers, causing her to smile up at him.

"Axel!" His mother called, getting his attention. It was a tradition for only the family to be around the now of age werewolf on his birthday, Alyssa nearly cried when Axel asked her to be there on his special day.

"Gotta go." He winked at the two girls before jogging off to find his mother.

"He's sweet on you." Amy pouted, sitting beside her friend. "I can't wait for my sixteenth birthday, as soon as I blow out the candles I'm going to bolt out that door and search for my mate." Amy sighed, adjusting her sneakers.

"On my sixteenth birthday I could probably just move out and live with you somewhere." Alyssa smiled, weaving streamers into Amys chestnut brown hair.

"CAKE TIME!" Their father called, outside was completely dark, the lights turned out in the kitchen, the only light from the crazy amount of candles on Axels' cake.

"Happy birthday to you." They all started in sinc.

"Make a wish." His mother smiled.

It was 9:04 the exact time Axel was born sixteen years ago. A new feeling ran through his body and Axel smiled. It was his birthday and he had already found his mate. His wolf senses purred as he sniffed the air, the heat of the candles in front of him mixed with a strong smell.

His eyes met carmel ones.

Deep and endless.

She smelled of lavender and cinnamon, a hint of peppermint as everything around him slowed, no noises registering.
A clap on his shoulder came as he blew out the candles, the room going back.

He had just met his mate.

Alyssa had never looked so beautiful.

His mate was his little sisters best friend.