17: Day after day

Axel Allisons POV

I stood behind my mate as she bought her few things, I put my stuff with hers, paying for it all. She stared gobsmacked at me as I nudged her to the side, quickly swiping my card before she had time to complain. I sent her a wink before taking most the bags. "Axel you didn't have to do that." She sighed as we walked back to my car, Rosie and Darren trailing behind, Rosie giggling behind her hand.

Real subtle Rosie, I mind linked her rolling my eyes. "I'm spoiling you because it's close to your birthday." I lied, sliding into the front seat. Scoffing, I smiled, watching her open the passenger door.

I dropped Rosie and Darren off, the two saying goodbye to us, Rosie wriggling her eyebrows. Shaking it off, I drove us home. Twenty-eight days. I spared her a glance, watching her eyes flutter shut, the sun was still out and bright but the shift she'd pulled made her very tired. As soon as she's sixteen she'll never have to work again unless she wants to. My pay as a werewolf medic student is amazingly high and as soon as I'm finished with my degree and become an actual Pack medic the pay just gets higher and I get to choose my hours. Plus people come to me when they have injuries. But Alyssa could have a better life than this, I told myself as Alyssas breaths slowed and she was finally asleep. Smiling, I pulled into the driveway slowly, unlike when I had left after my fight with Amy.

Amy. She wanted me to reject my mate.

I don't know what's going on with her but I'm pretty sure when she comes to, she won't keep telling me to reject Alyssa.

I stared at my sleeping mate, I should carry her inside. Sighing I got out of the car and walked around the front. Alyssa didn't wake as I took off her seat belt, then picked her up. She stayed limp in my arms as I carried her inside. No one was home, meaning unlocking the house was difficult as I held Alyssa, but I managed. Happy as she still didn't wake up. I didn't want to try to take her up the stairs, knowing I'd have to fight the urge to put her sleeping body down in my room. Away from Amy, and in my scent. So I placed her down on the couch, that thankfully, wasn't uncomfortable. I watched her curl up, knees hanging off the edge and plenty of room for me to sit by her feet. I decided to do so, letting my head fall back, closing my eyes as I listened to her soft breathing.

I don't know when I fell asleep, but I did. I guess it was from focusing on her breathing, her calming presence. And the fact that one of her legs was on my lap. Still, no one came home. I was at the stage where I was awake but still asleep. And that's when I felt Alyssa wake up, her stirring was a lot more frequent and then she sat up, slowly she moved her leg off my lap and stood up, quietly making her way up the stairs. I stirred myself and peeled my eyes open with difficulty.

I already missed her. Frowning, I laid myself down in where she had been previously, her place still warm and her scent strong.