37: sing me lulling woman

Amy Allisons POV

The sense of excitement buzzed in us Allisons as we drove home, knowing that in a little under five hours - the oldest son will be mated.

Axel - my dearest and most loving brother.

Alyssa - my bestest friend in the whole world.

Two who will be one. Two souls that were always meant to be - deep down I always knew it but never acknowledged it due to my idiotic self.

Axel, how I had done him wrong on so many levels. If he had rejected Alyssa she would be heart broken - the loving girl would shatter under rejection already having suffered enough - to much.

The kindest girl - the sweetest woman.

She would get everything anyone ever wanted for her through Axel. Axel who can't help but spoil her - Axel who forgets what she's talking about because he's way to focused on her lips. Axel.

I would make it up to them - through what I'm working on. It might not be enough - but when the time is right and it's finished.

With the pictures of today saved on the usb in my pocket - I was going to test out my journalistic qualities and make the sweetest memory book for the newly mated pair.

Especially with the pictures of Axel and Alyssa - everyone should have known as to why I had left Alyssa to go talk to the photographer. Not only to get talk photos - but Axel would approach her, and that would have room for the cutest pictures ever.

Mind whirling - Mum, Dad and I waited for Alyssa and Axel to come home. Dinner was going to be prepared shortly and we had picked out a movie to watch. Soon - tomorrow maybe - Axel and Alyssa would be cuddled in together to watch movies, sharing in each others warmth and comfort. Smiling, I could imagine it.

Everyone out doing something while the Alyssa layed across his chest - the two holding hands as the tv played - Axel subconsciously twirling her hair.

It was slightly uncomfortable to imagine my brother - but Alyssa. Like best friends - I was having a love life vicariously through her. Anything cute she did with her mate was automatically worth talking about.

Alyssa had so much to learn - her mate bond and what Axel would do to give her what she dreams. Freedom.

Axel would let Alyssa live her life and do what she wants and be there every step of the way. Because Axel loves, and when Axel loves - he loves with his whole being.

And that's why he is a good brother and will be an even better mate.

And then there won't be anything to hide - which will be fantastic. Three years my poor brother had to wait. Three years he didn't tell me to make sure I veiwed Alyssa as a friend and not Axels other half. That and I was such a - mean person - and didn't deserve anything I had. Especially not Axel and Alyssa. But now, I hope that I do.

I heard someone pull into the driveway and excitedly ran out the door - not like anything was going to happen between the two - just yet. And Alyssa climbed out of the drivers seat with a smile, Axel pretending to be shaking and scared as he climbed out. Alyssa laughed loudly and defended herself that she wasn't that bad.

"Hello!" I greeted excitedly as the two spotted me, their mouths breaking into grins upon seeing me.

"Hi! I drove back here." Alyssa stated proudly, opening the back door to pick Molly out of the car and put her on the ground. "She likes car rides." Alyssa stated as Molly ran around her legs. "Isn't she pretty." She got down on her knees and cooed.

"Molly." Axel called, Molly running away from Alyssa to yip up at Axel. Axel again bent down and scooped her up. Alyssa scoffed, locking the jeep before walking over to me. Axel holding Molly, who tried to squirm out of his grip as he carried her over, uncomfortable as Molly licked his face.

"Poor Molly, in the arms of this brute." I laughed, Axel sending me an unimpressed glare, Alyssa laughing. "Go take her inside - let her sniff out my room." I nudged Alyssa with my shoulder, she smiled, taking Molly from Axel.

"Let's teach you how to walk up stairs." Alyssa cooed down at Molly, carrying her inside. As soon as the door closed behind her, Axel giggled. He giggled.

"How long dear sister?" Axel asked, throwing an arm over my shoulder.

"Four hours." I deadpanned. "Come on, we're going to watch some movies to pass the time." I dragged him inside.

We were going to watch one movie - then dinner. Than another movie and then hopefully ten o'clock. Every one was anxious except Alyssa, then again she didn't know what we all did. She didn't know she was going to meet her mate in a few hours.

To her there was nothing to wait for - but to us Allisons. These next fours hours were going to be the longest in our lives.

And Axel, poor Axel was so nervous he fell asleep during the second movie, his head on Alyssas shoulder.

We left him, it was best that he slept through these long hours, getting rest so that the time seemed to come quicker. Molly rested in Alyssas' lap but her head rested on Axels arm, her tail was still as she to, was asleep.

I didn't doze of, neither did Alyssa - we were focused on the movie. I didn't even notice when Mum left to get the cake ready until my phone lit up - not caring that someone texted me, my eyes were glued to the time.

Nine forty one.

Nine forty one.

I woke Axel gently, he stirred and opened his eyes, Alyssa didn't turn to him as his head left her shoulder. "What?" He whispered hoarsely.

"Nine forty one." I whispered back, he might have been tired but he knew what I meant, his eyes widened and a sad smile spread across his features.

My poor brother.