20: Little mate big problem

Axel Allisons POV

I pulled the car into the driveway as Amy made a distressed noise. "In the bucket." I called over my shoulder, undoing my seat belt, Alyssa was still in my jumper that was oversized for her but didn't fit me anymore. I get out and pick my sister up, carrying her inside the house. Mum and Dad were standing in their pyjamas and dressing robes. Alyssa followed behind me, her head bowed in shame. My parents stared at Amy, my mothers hand flew to her mouth.

"Put her down here." Mum ordered, clearing the couch. I put her down on the couch. "What were you two thinking." She hissed.

"Mum." I shot at her, glaring her down. "The fact that they called me to come get them instead of hiding and eventually something bad happening isn't something you should be scolding them for." My parents didn't meet my gaze as they stared down at Amy who was blinking up at them through half shut eyes.

"It was me - I guilted Liss into coming with me." Amy said croakily. I turned back to see Alyssa, my jacket nearly coming down to her knees.

"Well, you can stay down here and sleep it off - Alyssa." I gently put my hand on her upper back and led her upstairs. "Did you have any alcohol?" I asked, she shook her hair. "Okay, did you smoke anything?"

"N-No, but other people were and I don't think it was normal cigarettes." She told me in a small voice.

"It's okay, now go get some sleep." I told her. She took off my jacket and handed it back to me.

"Thank you." She waved goodbye awkwardly before turning to Amys room. I know I shouldn't be, but my eyes fell to her blue jeans. I bit my lip as she slowly opened the door.

"Al, you can keep this. It might be two big but, you can use it as a blanket." I laughed, letting it outstretch to her. She laughed slightly, taking the jumper from me. Now my scent woulf be on her, making me feel a little better. I tried to keep my eyes off her backside, clad in dark blue jeans. Suddenly the twenty seven days just got a lot longer.

I was awake before everyone else, attending to a sleeping Amy when Alyssa came padding quietly down the stairs early in the morning. She jumped when she saw me standing behind the kitchen counter. "Morning." I told her quietly, smiling as she stood in over sized pyjamas. My old shirt from when I was fifteen and pants from Amy from the beginning of last year.

"Good morning." She said, voice hoarse from the lack of use. "Why do I have a headache?"

"All the loud noises and blaring lights." I handed her some pain killers. She took them and filled a cup up with water. I watched her, that's when I felt her shift of emotion, and smelt it. She sent a glance in Amys direction, sadness and guilt an over powering scent. "Al, it's not your fault." I sighed, taking a step towards her. "Hey - if you hadn't called me Amy wouldn't be safe right now." I told her, wrapping her into another hug. "It's okay Als." I cooed quietly as she snaked her arms around my neck.

To her this was probably a brotherly figure gesture.

But to me this was holding my little mate.

She pulled away too soon for my liking, having to get herself something to eat before getting ready for work. Amy stayed asleep, even as mum came down and left for work, leaving a kiss on her daughters forehead and a goodbye in my direction. I woke Amy up, handing her painkillers and water. "Toast on the table, I'm taking Alyssa to work." I told her.

"I - I'm sorry." She told me, not looking me in the eye.

"I am not the one you should be apologizing to." I told her, she made eye contact with me, I patted her head twice before standing up. Alyssa rushed down the stairs in her faded yellow uniform, brushing back a few stray hairs that she'd missed. "Ready?" She looked at me and smiled, nodding her head. Her faded creme white bag hung at her side as we walked out the front. Amy hadn't moved from the couch, instead she had pretended to stay asleep.

At least she hadn't told Alyssa that she was my mate.

I dropped Alyssa off at Busy Burger and drove to a interview with at the pack house, Darren was going to be there which meant Rosie was there. The interview was for my medical advancement and how and what I'll be tested on, along with demonstrations and a tour of the pack house. Of course, I won't be the only one there. I'm going to be part of a small group, all of which are applying for a pack medic position. Only three of us could have on the site jobs, which entails us living in the pack house. While others are for when we went to heal the werewolf community. I don't know which I desperately want, I want to move out when my mates ready so we can move into together, if that is in an apartment or home close to her school then I'll become an off site medic which also means I get less hours, which also means less pay. But maybe we could buy a place in the pack house facility, or I. Depends if I get rejected or have to wait. Maybe she won't even decide although my results come back after I do the courses. I would get my assigned job a little over a month before Amys birthday.

I pulled up at the pack house, were a small cluster of cars were, and got out.