42: Small mate

Axel Allisons POV

Knee pressed against hers, we ate breakfast with smiles on our faces - talking about nothing of importance.

I could hardly find words to describe how I felt - my mate and I were finally together. Eating breakfast in our home together.

"So when do you want to move in?" She asked, finishing her food.

"Well - I don't start work for another two weeks - but - we could get moved in her sooner." I offered, staring into her carmel eyes. Boy was she pretty.

"I'd like that." She smiled shyly, quickly pressing another kiss to my lips - as if to make sure everything was real. I had to do the same, look at her - kiss her - touch her. There could be no possible way that after three years she was finally and completely mine. "Hey Axel - what are we going to do about Molly?" She asked, her gaze flicking to the glass door that was letting a large amount of the morning sunlight in. "Can - ah - can she be an inside dog?" She asked hesitantly.

"Sure - we can get her a cute little doggie bed." I cooed, watching a shy smile creep across her face - her cheeks a flaming red. "Awe." I cooed again, holding her hand in mine.

"I love it here." She sighed dreamily, she was unbelievably beautiful. Such illuminating her soft features - her hair glowing golden. And her eyes - never have I ever seen so many flecks in a pair of light carmel eyes. Chuckling, she blushed under my gaze. "I can't wait - to start a life with you." She admitted, vulnerability seeping into her voice.

"I've waited three years - I don't think I want to wait a second longer." I admitted right back - we could share anything between each other, after all we are mates. Smiling, she pressed our lips together again, I lost count of how many times we'd kissed and I don't care - I usually forget a lot of things when kissing her.

The buz of her phone cut us off, pulling away from me, she turned to her phone. "It's - uh work." She replied, picking up her phone.

First order of business - she either quits her job or works there as a sort of past time.

She took the call - exploring a little outside in the backyard. I watched her as she ran her hand over a pot plant, wearing tiny pyjama short shorts and one of my old shirts from when I was twelve maybe. Considering it was small and could fit her, sort of tightly. And her ankle that bore the anklet I had gifted her.

Getting it for her was a real risk - considering it was the anklet you give your mate when you first meet them or after you were offically marked or coming up to that point in a relationship.

And the urge to mark her surfaced - my blood humming as she hung the phone up and came back inside.

"Als, I want you to work less hours - I mean that, you live with me, you don't need to work your arse off to get an apartment." I stood up at the doe eyed and alarmed little beauty. "You can keep your jobs if you want - but I don't want you to do it for money anymore. Like Amy said, I'm your sugar daddy." I shrugged, wrapping her into a hug.

"But I like working all the time - " she protested.

"You can go back to working all the time when you finish school." I ordered, running a hand down her back.

"O - Okay." She agreed. "But anyway - one of your relatives spoke about werewolves with Haylee yesterday."

"So?" I asked, kissing her forehead.

"She's a human remember?" She chuckled, wrapping her tiny arms around me in return.

"Well - she probably thought they were all crazy anyway." I let the scent of lavender, cinnamon and hint of Pepermint stay in my nose as I held my little mate.

"We have to go Axel." She chuckled.

"No. I never want to go." I whinned.

"Well - once we move in here - we don't have to go. Often." She tested, laughing lightly.

"Promise?" I asked softly.

"I promise." She replied, equally as soft.

"Mate." I sighed, nuzzling into her blonde, billowing hair.