6: Little tickle monster

Amy Allisons POV

I totally forgot about the ignorance my brother displayed moments ago as Alyssa crept back into my room, showered. "I won't lie, I'm kind of excited for school tomorrow." Alyssa smile, sitting down to towel dry her hair.

"I'm no, what if I don't get my hair right? Or I forget to do my makeup? Or my makeup looks crap?" I ranted, how could she be so care free when we have so many problems.

"I, uh, I guess I could do your makeup." She offered, wrapping her hair up.

"No, I'll do it." I ran a hand through my hair. "Just need some beauty sleep." I muttered before running out to the bathroom.

My mind instantly raced to my mate as I layed beside Alyssa for bed. What if, like Axel said, I get rejected? No way, I'm a total catch. Sighing, I closed my eyes and let myself sleep.

My body was tingling all over as I stared up at the Rogue, it's body mangled and coated in blood. Feral. It snarled down at me. I couldn't shift. The Rogues breath fanned at me as its eyes stared crazily at me, completely black and empty of any normal emotion. It's paw was so big as it took a step towards me. I couldn't move.

The large snout of the Rogue opened and black fangs protruded from it's mouth. A howl caught its attention as a familiar pair of wolves appeared from the dark forest. Axel and Alyssa. Alyssa cowered beside Axel who had his teeth bared. Axel lunged at the Rogue and his voice made its way into my mind. "Run." I couldn't run and I couldn't help my brother.

The Rogue bit down on Axels neck.

Snap.

Axel fell to the ground unmoving. Not breathing. The heart breaking whine coming from Alyssas wolf made everything more real as the Rogue took a step over Axels body towards her. Alyssa heeled as she whinned for Axel, her wolf crying.

I woke to a swift poke in the side. My eyes flew open to meet Axels onyx ones. I, unfortunately, never screamed in my sleep or ever alerted anyone if I was having a nightmare. I flung my arms around my brothers neck. "I'm sorry." I whimpered.

"Good morning to you." He chuckled, making no move to push me off him. "Als downstairs eating if you want to join her." He rubbed my back.

"You died in my dream." I whispered. "A rouge snapped your neck - and Alyssas wolf was crying and whining, it felt so real." I rubbed my eyes. My brother tense underneath me at the mention of Alyssa crying. "She was so sad- the noises she made Axel." I shook. "It was so real." I whispered.

"Well it wasn't, I'm alive and Als happy downstairs." He shot me a wry smile, pulling me into standing position. "C'mon, I made hashbrowns you little tickle monster." Smiling, I made my way down to the kitchen, Alyssa smiling awkwardly as she tore apart her hashbrowns. "Yummy." I smiled, sitting beside her.

"Darren and Rosie called me last night-" I cut off Axel.

"Rosie!" I cheered, remembering when she would babysit us, then found out Darren was her mate when Axel brought Darren over. The two were inseparable since then. It was my mating inspiration.

"They were wondering if you two would like to hang out at Busy Burger after school?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yes please!" Alyssa and I said at the same time.

"That's good." Axel chuckled, walking out the kitchen with his own plate.

"We need to pick out at least one thing that matches." I turned to Alyssa who had nearly finished her little mound of golden hashbrowns. "Like maybe a shirt or something."

"Or socks." Alyssa cringed.

"I'm wearing my sandals." I screwed up my nose. "No socks." Alyssa thought for a moment, her carmel eyes staring intently at the blue granite counter top. "Jackets?" I offered, trying to aid in her attempts.

"We could wear those matching red and white striped shirts?" She offered. I smiled, knowing that I looked amazing in that shirt. "So that's a yes from you?" Alyssa laughed, her tone so soft it was angelic. I nodded as my answer. What if I tried to speak more softly and less obnoxious. Maybe if I even dye my hair blonde, like a soft blonde. "Hey Amy, do you think we should get dressed now?" Alyssa asked. Looking at the clock I swore, quickly racing up the stairs.

"Yes! Get dressed now- or we're going to die." I called over my shoulder, slamming my door open as I jumped to my vanity table. Thirty minutes left.