40: AMY-AYE

Amy Allisons POV

My wind whirled and my heart beat lept when I turned to see no Alyssa. Then I realized that she was probably somewhere with her mate. And that made me giggle - and roll out of bed.

Turning on my computer to edit more of Alyssas and Axels surprise picture book - thing. Smiling - I stared at the picture of the two newly mates staring into each others eyes smiling. Of course - Alyssa hadn't known back then - but now was a a different story.

And the look she gave her mate was friendly - but it could have been mistaken for love. Axels gaze of course, when always looking at Alyssa, is love. He loved her since day one. Over the years his definition of love towards her had changed.

Now, Alyssa was probably cuddled up to her mate in his room - hopefully not doing anything else. My face heated uncomfortably - hoping nothing bad was happening between my best friend and my brother whilst they thought everyone was sleeping.

Tapping my foot - I clicked away at the computer until my eyes started drooping.

Alyssa was yet to return - not that I had been expecting it. The mate bond between two wolves was nothing you could ignore - the pull and utter infatuation was all Rosie had told me when I had asked.

A thought - a small imagine - crossed my mind when thinking about mates. Tomorrow - when everyone was awake. Axel and Alyssa would be together. The three years that my brother suffered - not in vain.

But then my body froze - what if Alyssa had rejected him?

No. Never. Alyssa was subconsciously in love with him. She has been so for years.

Even if it passed after the age of seven - she was still in love.

Alyssa and Axel were perfectly in love. Alyssa had never fantasized about a mate - but she had said if the opportunity came she wouldn't toss it aside. But - she was planning on moving out. And Axel, if everything went well - she was going to live with Axel.

And if everything did go well, than Alyssa would be free and not feel like a burden on anyone. And she wouldn't have to walk down the stairs and shy away from anyone and everyone.

And she once told me she could walk around without pants on - apparently that was something she liked.

Axel definitely wouldn't complain about it.

The thought of my brothers sex drive going up made me annoyed - what if he was like Rosie - not that there was anything wrong with Rosie - but at least she kept it to herself around Darrens family. What if Axel was all over Alyssa while I was around. Thoughts of the time I'd brushed him off after looking at Alyssa. But then Rosie told me a few days ago about what Axel did while Alyssa was at work. What part of her he stared at.

My forehead smacked against the desk.

"Great - thanks Axel." I growled as all I could think about was Axel and Alyssa.

Sighing, I got sidetracked and started looking at funny cat videos. What have I come to?