44: The end to a beginning

Alyssa Mells POV

My palms were sweaty, leg bouncing as Amy hopped out the car. We were dropping her off at home - then Axel was taking us to our house. Axel was smiling, still holding my hand as he pulled out of the driveway, using my free hand to wave to Amy.

Tingles ran up my arm as he drove us home.

Home. The one word I tried not to use incase I offended someone or it was never really home. But now I have the one thing I've always wanted, plus a few.

And Axel.

I never imagined I would be where I am with him. When I was seven - and had an embarrassing crush on him - I imagined us in a castle, wearing crowns and training dragons together. But now - now I'm going to live with him, as mate.

"We're almost there." Axel smiled excitedly - I noticed that, that after my birthday, Axel was always happy. We had spent the few days before today at Mr and Mrs Allisons house, after dinner I'd slink off and stay the night with him in his room.

Amy thought we did something other than kiss - which we haven't! Honestly I've only seen him as my love interest for a few days now.

And my Axel had waited three years. He can wait a few months before we do anything... weird.

Sure, the two of us had skipped and taken steps in our relationship the wrong way.

He was in love with me and waited.

Then on my birthday we got together.

Now we're moving in together.

And going on our first offical date tonight.

"I see the house." I gasped, spotting our beautiful house. Excitedly, I sat foreward in my seat as he pulled into the smooth driveway.

I jumped out of my seat, after placing a quick kiss on Axels cheek, and stared in awe.

The hedges that lined either side of the house were neatly trimmed, the two small trees that sat infront of the balcony made it a lot more private and the large yard.

Smililing, I opened the back door of the car, grabbing Mollys lead and picking her up and placing her on the ground. Mollys fluffy tail curled up, wagging.

Axel grabbed me by my waist, the two of us walking to the front door together. Molly was smelling everything as we close the gate to keep her in. Axel pulled out his set of keys - my set had a fluffy pink ball on the key chain, my car keys on them as well. Turning to my left, my black jeep was parked under cover, where two bikes were chained together.

Entwining our fingers, Axel opened the door. Both our heart beats were beating widley in our chest as the door opened. The hallway had a shoe stand and a couple pictures of us. I unleashed Molly, hearing her tiny feet thud against the ground as she ran in. Axel let me enter first - still holding my hand - as our eyes roamed. Entering the main room, I stood in awe as DVD's and a tv was set up. The glass cabinet filled with plates. A floor mat in the kitchen, matching placemats and the lounge room - the couch had throw pillows and a folded up blanket.

The house looked just like a real home.

I had just walked into my home. Smiling, I looked around. "I could get used to this." I voiced my thoughts aloud. "Maybe you in the kitchen, wearing a pink apron would make things better." I added with a sly smirk. Axel shook his head laughing, pulling open the pantry door, there was two pink aprons on a hook. "You read my mind." I smiled, standing on my tippy-toes to kiss him. "I want to see upstairs." I dragged him to the stairs. "Oh! I don't remember that being there." I said in awe - the stairs were open and the top floor hallway had a bit of an openeing that was secured with a wooden spiral design that had a glossy beam over it. Standing behind it, I stared down at Axel who was still on ground level. The sparkling light that looked like a chandelier. "Come up here." I giggled, watching as Molly followed Axel up the stairs.

"Want to see the master bedroom?" Axel mumbled, pressing a kiss to my lips again. Nodding, I let him lead me to our bedroom.

Opening the door I gasped. The rooms walls were bare, revealing a dark green - blue and the desk had paper and stationary set up - along with a plain computer.

The two swivel chairs were still there, making me awe. And the room seemed the same - except whenever I opened a draw or cupboard - our clothes were in it.

"I'll let you get changed." Axel smiled, bending down slightly to give me a slow kiss.

Pulling his lips away - he walked out the room smiling.

Get ready for our date. Shaking my head I grabbed the purple dress from the cupboard - the dress came to rest slightly above my knees and it had long sleeves and the back wasn't carved out to much.

Admiring myself in the mirror I thought - this is my life know.

And I'm loving it.

Because I not only am free - from my family, of responsibility and embarrassment. I have a mate. Someone who I thought and expected to meet further down the track called life. But when life throws you a bone - you take it. And follow that to where ever that leads you. Because then you are truly living.

My Best Friends Brother Is My Mate.

The End.