29: Axe-l

Axel Allisons POV

There was always the weird feeling in your gut when you stood beside and beautiful girl, tears leaking out her doe eyes as she clung to your hand. And you were absolutely taken by her and you wanted the people who hurt her to pay.

And they did.

Every one of thoes bastards now rotted in a cell in a prison. My eyes stayed trained on Alyssa, silently crying and clutching my hand as we sat outside the busy building. A woman was going to come out with paper work to release Alyssa - so she was offically without her parents as her guardian. But because Alyssa was still underage - it meant that Alyssa needed a new guardian. So that's when Mum and Dad stepped up - claiming they'd house Alyssa until her birthday until her sixteenth birthday - where then she could become independent. But she would still live here - with us.

That's what I thought until Alyssa told me that she had an apartment lease waiting for her to sign and then pay. My heart beated widely in my chest.

I had gotten my medical exam  results back a while Alyssa was in hospital. As to where I would be placed, then continue to study and do my job.

I would be working at the pack residents. I even had a house picked out and given to me. I had a house.

And in eleven days I'd offically have a mate.

Alyssa. My poor little mate sat in utter pain at this awful problem. "Als, as soon as we're done with this, it'll be in your past and you can work on you now." I said softly, cupping her face gently. She nodded, leaning in to hug me.

Lavender. Cinnamon. Peppermint.

The three smells that my mate always smelt like. Her carmel eyes and blonde hair coated with her scent and warmth that I didn't want to let go. But the lady handed us the paper for Alyssa to sign. And she did, with my hand in hers.

I always stayed in contact with my mate, whether I had an arm draped over her shoulder or my eyes trained on her. Holding her hand was by far my favorite.

She didn't want to let go as I led her around, anywhere. Through the police station, around her room, outside. She would hold onto my hand, looking like a timid doe. Her carmel eyes were trained on her feet as she gripped my hand, burying herself into my side as we sat in the back of Mums car.

She was coming home today.

And her birthday.

Her birthday was in two days.

I could barely keep my excitement hidden as Alyssa stayed by my side. Unaware as to how much I wanted her.

Again, not the want of dominating her. Or scoring her. The want of her to know. To live with me. To be mine. To smile up at me, thinking about how she wanted to kiss me.

But then there was also the fear. The fear of rejection. Of her being upset that it was me. That I didn't tell her.

But I kept thoes negative thoughts out of my head. "Als, we're home." I told her softly, watching as she looked up with her watery eyes, staring out the car to see. Home.

There was no questioning it, that this may have been a building I was familiar with, the little doe eyed girl beside me was my home.

She smiled, as Mum pulled into the driveway, she continued to hold my hand as we got out. Amy running out excitedly. She was barefoot and her hair - there was blonde highlights. And a little shorter, it sat just on her shoulders and her smile. I'd never seen her so happy.

Amy was happy.

She got even more excited to find the two of us holding hands. "Alyssa!" She screamed excitedly, running towards her friend and wrapping her in a hug. And Amys clothes. Instead of the black skinny jeans and busty tops. Amy wore a grey shirt and frayed short shorts. And a flannel. Amy never wore flannels. Amy pulled away from hugging a smiling Alyssa and she wore - around her neck was a yellow smiling face emoji.

I didn't comment on any of it aloud - no idea if she always looked like that or if she wanted me to notice it. Instead I let go of Alyssa hand, watching her walk on her own two legs. My little independent mate.