26: Axels found out

Axel Allisons POV

I took a calming breath as I pulled into the driveway, behind both Mum and Dads cars. After we had a big argument over Amy ditching school, I left to clear my head. Ever since I told Amy about Alyssa being my mate, she had changed - and not for the better.

I walked inside, everyone was in the living room doing something. Except Alyssa. Amy stared at the tv, Mum and Dad in the kitchen with wine. Friday night involved everyone loosing up and relaxing. I tried to shove what Amy did under the rug as I sat down beside her. "Where's Alyssa?" I asked. Amy tensed up beside me. "Amy."

"I - I." She stuttered. "Look - I." She gulped.

"Amy, what did you do?" I was suddenly alert and nervous. What had she done? Had she told Alyssa that we were mates? Or had she said something else to Alyssa?

"I told her to go home - and she did." Amy said nervously. "I told her I didn't want to be friends with a girl with deadbeat parents." Amys eyes pricked with tears.

"Where is Alyssa Amy?" I growled. She hesitated, her voice shaking.

"She's at her parents house." Amy said quietly. My whole world collapsed.

"What?" My hands started to sweat, my throat dry.

"She's at her - " I cut her off standing abruptly.

"You better be bullshitting me Amy." I spat angrily.

"Axel! Language." Mum stormed towards me. "And don't yell at your sister."

"No - How dare you." I jabbed a finger into my sisters direction, standing up. Dad joining to stand beside my Mum. "How dare you." I yelled, Amy standing up to.

"Did you ever stop for a second to think about how I felt?" She screamed at me.

"I STOPPED AND THOUGHT ABOUT IT FOR THREE YEARS AMY!" I whirled on her, my face red in anger. I couldn't believe she could be so disgustingly thick headed. My parents demanded what was going on from the sidelines. "Why don't you tell them what you did Amy, tell them everything you did." I spat at my sister. The regret would settle in later but right now, the unrelenting anger pooled inside of me.

"Amy what did you do?" Dad asked.

I stared down glaring at her head on, Slowly, Amy turned to our parents. "I told Alyssa that I didn't want her here, I shoved her outside the house and told her to go - go home." Mums hand flew to her mouth in shock.

"Tell her what else you did." I said angrily. "Tell her."

"I - I told her I never wantes to be friends with - " she cried, tears trailing down her face, Mum went to hug her but I put my hand up, stopping her.

"Say it." I seethed.

"I didn't want to be friends with a girl who has deadbeat parents." She sobbed out, the horror contorting on the faces of our parents.

"Say it, tell them - tell them what she means to me." I stuttered. It was time they knew.

"Axel - Alyssa is Axels - " she let out a sob. "Alyssa is Axels - mate." Amy broke in sobs at the end of her sentence. Our parents sharp intake of breath was their only reply.

Silence came after that as I stared down at my sister, my stomach overwhelmingly sick.

My Alyssa was at that horrible place.

All because my sister couldn't stomach the idea of us being mates.

"Why - why didn't you tell us?" Mum spoke after the small vow of silence. "Three years Axel - " she pulled me into a hug.

"We're going to the police." Dad said sternly, grabbing his jacket as he made a beline for the front door.

"Honey where are you going?" Mum asked, as we all followed him out the door.

"We're going to go make an arrest. The Mells can't escape this one." He said slamming the door behind him. All we could do was stand, paralyzed, as we heard Dad pull out the street, speeding.

Dad wasn't a police man, neither was Mum. Or anyone in the family.

But it didn't take a genius to understand that Dad was going to get us Alyssa back.

Perhaps permanently.

Hopefully.