41: Home of our own

Alyssa Mells POV

My heart could have given out while kissing my mate. I had no idea having a mate could feel this good.

Axel dragged me through the house and I couldn't believe it! There was the main - master - bedroom and then two guest rooms, two bathrooms and the kitchen and dinning room and lounge room. Then there was the study and fitness rooms. Each fitted with furniture and that included beds.

Right now, we were checking out the master bedroom. The bed was a double - bigger than the ones at the Allisons household. And it was fitted with black sheets and matching pillows. And the two side tables, even the large desk with two swivel chairs. Arms wrapped around my waist. The sweet smell of Pepermint, vanilla and melted chocolate met my nose. Giggling, Axel shoved me onto the bed. "Axel!" I giggled rolling over, only to have him jump onto the bed beside me.

"Ohhh, it's so comfy." He gushed, closing his eyes.

This was going to be my home.

Smiling, I took my shoes off and Axels jacket, throwing it onto the swivel chair before climbing under the blanket, Axel watching me the whole time.

Axel followed my lead - but also discarding his shirt - he climbed in next to me.

"You know - only a few hours ago I wouldn't have guessed that I'd be here." I told him, pressing myself against his shirtless side. He smiled, pressing a kiss to my forehead before wrapping his arms securely around me.

An unfamiliar sound of peacefulness and soft chirps of birds is what I woke to. And the unfamiliar warmth of someone beside me and the sun on my face. And the scent - I would never be tired of the overwhelming scent of my mate. He stirred, nose twitching as I moved around to see. His bedroom - our bedroom - wasn't yet decorated, I had fallen asleep to Axel promising and fantasizing about how our room was going to look. And his voice eventually faded through my dark unconsciousness.

"Good morning." His gravely voice caught my attention. Smiling, I met his tired gaze.

"Good morning." I greeted back, wrapping an arm around his neck lazily. "I think someones trying to call you." I frowned, peaking over his large build to the side table, where his phones screen lit up. Brows furrowed, he rolled over and picked it up.

"It's mum."  He told me, sitting on the side of the bed to answer. I focused on his back muscles - as he answered his mothers voice flitted through the phone.

"Where are you? - Is Alyssa with you?" Her voice asked rushing over the other end.

"Yeah I'm with Als - " Axel told her, lying back down beside me. Pulling me into a quick kiss.

"Are you two safe?" Mrs Allison asked, skeptically. "How long have you been out?'

"A couple hours - look mum, we'll be home soon okay, bye." Axel went to hang up when his mother quickly added in.

"Make good choices - !" Causing both of us to chuckle.

"I want to explore again." I told him, getting up from the bed. He watched as I looked around the room before opening the door, I wanted to see everything - again. I couldn't believe any of this was real and that he was mine. The hallway was parge - probably a meter and a half in width. And the floors were a dark wood - pretty blue rugs in a few places. I opened the door to the bathroom - two toothbrushes were setup along with a soap dispenser. I turned the tap - the water worked. I wonder if the shower worked too.

My gaze then flashed to Axel - shirtless - and walking past the open bathroom door. Interested, I peaked my head out of the bathroom - watching him walk down the thick, dark wooden stairs. Giggling to myself, I followed after him down the stairs, watching as he broke off to walk into the kitchen. Eyes wandering - they landed on the step down to the lounge room. It was new and exciting - and would need a lot of practice to remember that it was there.

"What are you doing?" I asked as Axel opened a fridge - had that been there last night?

"Breakfast." He shrugged, pulling out bacon.

"How long has that been in there?" I asked, taking a seat at black leather bar stool.

"Bought it yesterday - Darren and I have been coming here for a few days now - " he shrugged, watching me with a smile over the grey granite table. "It's a lot like mum and dads when I think about it." He said, looking around at the few furniture.

"I love it." I smiled, looking around. My gaze landed on his as he prepared the bacon. Smiling, I stood up to walk around the kitchen island. "Let me help." I pressed a kiss to my lips before helping out. He would occasionally wrap his arms around me - when he wasn't cooking something as I stayed with the bacon and eggs. "It's ready." I said excitedly, using tongs to pick up some mouth watering bacon.

"First breakfast together." Axel smiled, pressing another, slow kiss. Smiling into our kiss, I wrapped my arms around his neck - tingles running through my body at a nearly alarming rate.

"Come on Mr Sappy." I chuckled, pulling away. "Plus, I'm hungry." I whined, taking my plate to the table. The first breakfast at our house - he was right, we it was worth acknowledgement.

"After breakfast we need to head back." Axel pouted, sitting beside me with his own plate.

"Okay - I'm cool with that." I pressed a quick kiss to his cheek before turning back to my plate.

The first meal we made together.