32: This time

Axel Allisons POV

Taking a deep breath to calm myself sounded harder than it was. But I've had three years of practice to pretend that I'm not completely at Alyssas every whim. Amy teased me gently about it while Alyssa was upstairs putting away a few things.

"Amy - I'm nervous." I whispered.

"I understand, she is turning sixteen tomorrow." She whispered. "But do remember - Alyssa has always been yours - I may or may not have read her diary a while back - I know bad move. But when she was seven she was completely in love with you." Amy had changed out of her clothes and now sat in a grey cardigan and leggings. "And - I think when it's time she's going to realize and not hide it, because she'll have nothing to worry about."

"You know what Amy, you're saying some really smart stuff." I laughed, ruffling her hair slightly - and for the first time in my life, she didn't swat my hand away.

"What do you kids want for dinner?" Dad came inside asking, Alyssa coming down the stairs at the same time. I sat up straighter, she was so beautiful.

She also had changed her clothes - coming down in a long sleeved, oversized maroon knitted jumper and leggings. Her hair was a little messy from doing what? I didn't know but I wanted to. And she wore the anklet.  It stood out against her thin ankle.

"How about - what do you want Alyssa? We could have lasagne." Amy offered, we all knew Alyssa was shy and was never really up to being the one to make the decision - even if it was something as small as dinner.

"Lasagne sounds nice." She blushed, taking a seat beside us on the couch.

"I love lasagne." Mum said excitedly, also arriving home, her arms held a few bags that she took up to her room.

"How was work dad?" Amy asked, getting up from the seat to help Dad get everything out.

"I'm not used to this Amy." Dad chuckled, kissing the top of his daughters head. My gaze shifted from then to Alyssa, her carmel eyes alight. And then she blinked, a single tear falling from her eye as she watched the two.

"Are you okay Al?" I asked softly, sliding across the couch to hug her.

"Yeah sorry - I just can't believe it's over." She sighed leaning into me.

"Well it is and now you're safe here." I assured her, squeeziny my little mate in my arms. "I promise." I rubbed her back soothingly. "Now, promise me that you'll be happy?"

"I already am." She smiled up at me. My heart swelled and the urge to kiss her was there - making me squirm slightly as I wiped away her tears.

Not until she's sixteen.

"Axel, Alyssa honeys could you two please go outside and make sure the shed lights off?" Mum asked. Smiling, Alyssa and I stood up and walked outside and sure enough - the light in the shed was on.

"Who even turned the light on?" Alyssa asked, quickly grabbing my hand as a toad hopped past.

"I think Dad accidentally didn't turn it off this morning." I pondered aloud, reaching in and switching the light off. Still holding her hand. "But now it's off." I smirked, earning a small giggle from her. "I still can't believe you're going to be sixteen tomorrow, makes me feel old." I snorted.

"You only just turned nineteen." She rolled her eyes as we walked back up to the house. "I like it out here." She sighed dreamily.

"I do to." I agreed as we walked through the gardens. "Want to go out running tomorrow night?"

"We'll be to busy and full of cake." She shook her head laughing. "How about after dinner?" She offered.

"I like the sound of that." I chuckled, opening the door for her. One more night of her not knowing - then both our lives would change - forever.

For better or for worse, who knows.

If things go well, I'm definitely going to marry her.

Alyssa let go of my hand as everyone turned their heads smiling at us. Getting the lasagne ready. My gut clenched - I hope they don't spill the beans right now about me and my little mate.

Mum and Dad sat me down and talked about it with me. They were upset about me not telling them for three years - but then I told them about how fragile Alyssa is and how I wanted her to be the one to feel the bond when I tell her. Mum told me she wad proud and Dad said I was patient and that Alyssa would appreciate the wait.

I nibbled on my lip as Alyssa and Amy bounded up the stairs to their room and I gave my parents a lazy smile, heading up to my own room to call Darren and Rosie.