Say You Won't Let Go

So, my birthday was last Tuesday and it was a strange experience to go through without my best friend. This chapter will be mapping out a more happier ending to our story. I'm hoping it'll give me some closure? Anyway, I hope you like it! ~DJ

"So, what do you wanna do about this?" Tony asks, staring me straight in the eyes. "I-i don't know. I love you but, I love him, too. I can't just freaking cut feelings off, you know." I scoffed. Tony sighed and closed his eyes, falling back and running his fingers through his hair. I frown at this and bite my lip. "Hey, we'll get through this together. I promise." My hand on his, his eyes flutter open once more and I notice a glint of sadness. Maybe even a morsel of regret, who knows. I just regret the fact that I put him through this in the first place. Either of them. They don't deserve it. It's not fair. "I'm scared. Please, don't leave me." I chuckled sadly. "No matter what, I'll be here for you, Tone. You meant the world to me before this and you'll mean the world to me after." He smiled small and I placed a tiny kiss to his forhead. "I love you." He grinned and held my hand slightly tighter. "I love you too." I smiled small as my heart skipped a beat.  I nodded, my phone going off beside me. I leaned over slightly, glancing at the name that brightened the backlight. My heart skipped a beat again and a twinge in my stomach followed. "It's him, isn't it?" Tony asks in monotone. I stay as still as a lamppost, his question going unanswered for several minutes. "I gotta go, school tomorrow." I let go of his long-term handle and feel slightly empty, noticing the stillness in his voice as he said, "Yeah, wouldn't want to miss another text from Kellin, huh? Well, I'll see you tomorrow." I stopped putting stuff in my book bag. "Tony, I already said I'm sorry, what more do you want?" I couldn't help what my heart wanted, no matter how much my head knew it was wrong. Why couldn't he accept and understand that. "I won't hate you but, it stings. How does it feel to be adored by him?" I felt a tear slip from my eyes as he stared at the ground in front of him. "Tony, I-"

"No, it's fine. I gotta go to bed, anyway. See you at school tomorrow." I nod and get up, leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's our second fight since the party, Kells. What should I do?" I sighed, shutting the locker and tossing the book bag strap over my shoulder. "Maybe just let him breathe? He's having a hard time right now." I closed my eyes and nodded, brushing the tears away from rolling down my cheeks. "I don't want to lose him, Kellin." He sighed down the phone and I sniffed a bit, walking again. "I know, (Y/N). Everything is gonna be fine." I nodded. "I hope you're right. Hey, I gotta go. I'll call you later, okay?" I heard him hesitate for a moment and I frowned. "I'll be fine, Kells."

"Okay, I'll text you then." The end of my lip curled slightly. "Okay. Bye." I hung up and placed it in the side of my book bag before opening the door to outside. Tony turned and stood up quickly. "Ready to go?" I smiled. "Of course." He smiled back and nodded towards the sidewalk, me skipping down beside him. "I'm happy you're not mad at me anymore, Tone." He wrapped me up in a hug and stopped us. "You're my best friend first. We promised each other that when we were 12 and I'm sticking to it." I laughed lightly and felt happy tears trickle down to his jacket. "Thank you so much for being there for me, Tony."

"Of course. I'll never let you go."

"I love you, Kayla."

"I love you too, DJ."

In two streets down, I watched a car swerve madly and speed down in a havoc. I shook my head and we let go. "Why are there so many freaking drunkards here?" She laughed and shrugged. "People love to feel alive, I guess." I smiled and wrapped an arm around her waist. She wrapped her own around my neck and pulled me close as we neared our homes. "So, I was thinking, Tim Burton marathon tonight and sleep over at mine?" I smiled and nodded. "Sounds amazing." Kayla chuckled and her breath tickled my ear. "You'd usually be jumping about right now. What's up, ankle-biter?" I laughed and grinned up at her. "I'm just really happy to have you, Kayla." She smiled wide and nodded, leading me up her driveway. "I'm happy to have you, too."

Literally cried three times making this but I feel better? In a sense? I dunno. I just felt it was time. I'm glad I made this. ~DJ