Chapter Fifteen

I open my eyes to the sun blaring in through the blinds. I sit up and see Lizzy sitting in the chair next to my bed.

"Okay, it's girl talk time. Jasper said he loved you?" She squeaked. I nodded slowly, still half asleep. She squealed and bounced in her seat.

"Mom, she just woke up, give her a second," Leo said walking in. He gave me a small smile. "How are you feeling?" "Paralyzed." I mumble looking down. The room goes silent and Leo clears his throat awkwardly. I look up and see him looking guilty.

"I just talked to the doctor, you start physical therapy next week-" Jasper walked in, but stopped when he saw Leo and Lizzy looking so guilty. " what happened?"

"Nothing, so next week? That's great Vie!" Lizzy said trying to brea the awkward tension.

"It won't work, I'll never walk again." I sat back and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Vie," Jasper sat in the bed next to me. "What happened to your smile?" He asked softly touching my cheek.

"It left with the use of my legs!" I say. He winces at my harsh tone, but shakes his head.

"You had it yesterday."

"That doesn't mean I'll have it again today." He sighed and I closed my eyes against the tears pushing against my eyelids.

"Vie, look at me." Jasper says. I hear Lizzy and Leo shuffle out of the room. "Look at me," he says softly. I open my eyes and see his face close to mine looking at me with tears in his own eyes. "When you were in the coma, I thought I lost you, I didn't get to tell you that I loved you yet. I thought you never get to know. I almost gave up hope that you would ever wake up after the first week, I promise you, I will never give up on you again. Even if you give up on yourself." A tear fell down my cheek and he brushed it away. "I love you." I close my eyes again.

"You can't!"

"Why can't I?"

"I'm broken." He smiled at me.

"Vie, just because you've had more than a fair share of tragedy in your life doesn't make you broken, it makes you strong." I open my eyes and give him a small smile.

"I love you Jasper." I press my lips to his softly and I feel pleasant tingles. I smile at him and for once, I feel happy. I feel happy for the first time in a Long while.

•••

I know it's short, but a new chapter will be up soon. Don't forget to comment, vote and share. Also check out my other stories.

-Ally