Chapter Thirty One

I woke up alone in my bedroom. I stand up and walk out of my room. My legs shake a little bit, but I leave my wheelchair in my room. When I walk in the kitchen I see Leo, Jasper, and Lizzy sitting at the table. When Lizzy turns she squeals and jumps up. She helps me to the table and I sit down.

"How are you feeling?" Lizzy says fussing over me.

"I'm fine, I can walk." I says.

"You can!" She says. She sits back down and they smile at me.

"Why is everyone staring at me?"

"Because the cripple just walked into our kitchen. Walked!" Leo says. I shake my head and laugh.

"I'm not the cripple anymore."

"No, you're not." Jasper says. "You're still annoying though."

"I'll work on that. Jasper, I want to go see Bella's grave." I say quietly. The room instantly becomes quiet.

"I'll drive you." He says standing up. I stand up after him and follow him out of the kitchen.

"I haven't gone in so long. I've been afraid." I say once we had gotten outside.

"You don't have to be afraid." He says turning to me.

"I know, it's hard not to be." He opened that car door and helps me in. Once he starts the car and drives away I feel a pit in my stomach. I miss her so much, I'm afraid seeing her grave will just be too much. I clench my fists in my lap, my heart pounding.

"Vie?" Jasper says making me jump. I look outside and see we are at the graveyard. I look up and see him giving me a concerned look.

"I need to do this, alone." I open the can door ad slide out.

"Vie are you sure?" I nod and close the door. I walk past the aisles of graves. Looking for one. Once I am standing in front of it I stop, reading the inscription.

Here lies Bella Darla Singer, beautiful daughter, sibling and friend. She died at the young age of seven.

April 14, 2005- August 3, 2012

Neither my mother or I were sane enough to come up with a better inscription. And my father didn't care enough to either

"Hey Bella. I'm sorry I haven't been here for awhile. Mom's dying. It scares me, it scares me a lot. I don't know what I'm going to do with out you and mom. I'm scared of a lot of things, death has never been a fear of mine. I never really cared, but now I do. I don't want to leave, I have Jasper, I have Leo, I have Lizzy, I even have Ian. I'm not alone, and I hope you aren't either. I can walk again, it feels so good." I smile a tear rolling down my cheek. I collapse in front of her grave sobbing. "I'm sorry he did this to you. I'm sorry I let him do this to you. It's all my fault." I feel someone kneel next to me. I look up and see Jasper. I sob into his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me and he cradles me to his chest.

"It's okay Vie, it wasn't your fault. It wasn't your fault."

"It hurts so bad, and she's been dead for two years, how will it feel when my mother dies?" I ask through my sobs.

"It will hurt, it will hurt a lot. But you won't be alone." He says honestly. "Are you ready." I nod against his chest and he helps me up. My knees shake and I walk slowly. Jasper picks me up quickly. I gasp and grab his arms.

"Don't drop me!" I squeal.

"Vie, I won't drop you, your as light as a feather." He says. I relax and let him carry me back to the car.

•••

Comment what you think of this chapter. Is it good or is it bad? Chapter thirty one! I don't want this book to end! I don't know how many chapter are left in this book! It will be happy and sad when it is over. Also vote and check out my other stories.

-Ally