Chapter Twenty Five

I didn't talk to Jasper when I got home from the hospital. I went straight into my room when I got home. I wasn't able to get into bed so I just sat in my wheelchair. After about half an hour Jasper opened the door slowly.

"Hey Vie, how's your mother doing?"

"She dying." I snap at him. He sighs and sits on the bed next to me.

"Vie, I understand you don't want to be around me anymore." He waits, waits for me to contradict that statement. When I stay quiet, I see the hurt written on face. "I think it's best if I leave. I'm leaving for California tomorrow morning." He says. I gasp and close my eyes. When I don't say anything he leaves the room, closing the door behind him. After a few seconds I open my eyes, and a few tears slip out.

"I want you to stay." I whisper. I push my fists into my forehead and sob, pushing my fists harder and harder trying to numb the pain.

•••

I open my eyes and I hear Jasper's suitcase rolling against the wood floors. I hadn't sleep at all last night, I had just sobbed into my pillow.

"Bye Jasper!" Lizzy said.

"Bye Jasper." Leo said. There was silence and then I heard Leo sigh. "She's not coming out man." He said.

"I know." Jasper said. The pain in his voice made my heart jolt. I close my eyes as I hear them say their last goodbyes and the front door closes. With Jasper gone it feels like a piece of my heart has gone with him.

The rest of the day was spent with me wallowing in my bed. Leo came in, but I immediately told him to leave. He sighed, but left. A knock came on my door, but I said nothing. The door opened and Lizzy walked in.

"Vie, you can't spend your whole life wallowing in bed!"

"Watch me," I said icily.

"Lets go see your mother." I close my eyes. I want to see her, but I don't know what I will see. A dead body? Will I see her die?

"I don't want to." I whisper.

"Yes you do, come on let's get up." She grabs my hand, but I wrench it our of her grip.

"No, I don't."

"Vie, you never know how long your mother has left. You will regret not seeing her." I sigh, and let her get me into my wheelchair. She wheels me out of my room and I see Leo sitting on the couch. He smiles at me, but I only turn my head.

Once we are at the hospital Lizzy wheels me into my mom's room.

"Hey Vie," my mom says. Her words sound heavy and groggy. I hear Lizzy exit the room behind me.

"Hi mom, how are you feeling?"

"Better," she says. She beckons me closer and I comply. I wheel myself next to her bed. "How are you my baby?"

"Not good, Jasper left for California this morning."

"What?"

"He asked me if I wanted him to stay, I said nothing."

"Vie you stupid girl! Don't you love him?"

"I do," I whisper.

"Then why did you tell him to go?"

"I will only hurt him in the end!"

"How will you hurt him?" I stay quiet. "Vie how will you hurt him?" She asks again, her voice rising. "Vie!"

"When I kill myself mom!" She gasps. Tears form in her eyes and she sits back.

"I never thought I raised a coward." She mumbles.

"Your husband did." Tears spill out of her eyes and I immediately regret it. "Mom..."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. Send Lizzy in on your way out." I take this as my cue to leave. I wheel myself out and I front of Lizzy.

"My mom wants to talk to you." When Lizzy goes in, I wheel myself down the hall, looking for someone.

•••

Don't hate me! So Jasper is gone, and Lourine (Vie's mom) knows that Vie wants to kill herself. I made this chapter longer to make up for the sadness. Don't forget to comment, vote, and check out my other stories!

Also comment your stories, or your favorite stories! I will read them and give you feedback! Also follow me, I will follow back!