Chapter Sixteen

Over the course of the next week two very important things happened. I started my physical therapy, and I was discharged from the hospital. I went back to Lizzy's house feeling as glum as ever. Somedays I felt energized and happy, but other days (most days) I felt like just going back to bed. Jasper was with me through everyone of my moods, even when I threw things at him. Today was one of my bad days. My back ached and I just lay in bed, not wanting to move. I heard my door open and I didn't even look up.

"Come on Vie, I know your not sleeping." Japer said sitting on the edge of my bed.

"My back hurts." He sighs.

"I'm sure it does, would you like some breakfast?" I shake my head and he sighs again. "The school called, you'll be going back on Monday."

"What is today?" I ask.

"Saturday," he said and I looked up, finally."I planned it out with the school, I'll pick you up from your classes and drop you off."

"Who knew the school project was going to be your death sentence."

"Don't say that Vie, I do not regret meeting you at all," he said the way he said it made me look up at him. His eyes held nothing but sincerity. I gave him a small smile. "Your the best thing that ever happened to me," he whispered. The raw emotion in his voice made tears well up in my eyes.

"Your the only reason I didn't give up Jasper, I don't want to go to physical therapy, I don't want to go to school. The only reason I am doing this is because you are there for me."

"I'll always be here for you."

"Don't make promises you can't keep. My mother said the same thing."

"I intend to keep this one," he said his eyes staring into mine.

"So did she." It came out a mere whisper, but it felt like it was yelled in the silent room. Tears fell out of my eyes and rolled down my cheek. "I'm a wreck, my mother is dying, I can't walk, and I'm taking three people's lives away from them because they feel the responsibility falls onto them to take care of me."

"Vie, we don't feel like we need to take care of you, we want to. We love you Vie, all of us do. Anyone who doesn't is stupid. Your not a wreck, because you are still here, day after day, your still standing-sorry wrong word." He said scrunching his nose. I let out a small laugh, but shook my head.

"I'll pretend, for now, that my life may have some affect on this world, maybe so someday I'll actually believe, and aspire, for my life to make an impact. I don't believe it now, I fell like I'll just be cripple, condemned to rot in her wheelchair for the rest of her lonely days." He shook his head.

"That's so morbid, you need to at lease pretend to have a small amount of hope, somewhere inside you! At least when I'm around, I count stand seeing the person I love so full of hate and self loathing." Even though he has said it many times before, just hearing him say he loved me made my heart flutter. "How would you feel, if I said everyday that I hated myself and that I didn't think my life would amount to anything?" I stayed silent for awhile before answering.

"I would feel helpless and worthless. Because I can't help the person I love. I would be in as much pain, maybe even more, then they were." I looked up and met his sad eyes.

"Then you can understand what it's like for me Vie, I need you to come out of this... This depression. I need you to be you again."

"You've only known me when I was in this depression, how do even know who I am?"

"I've seen you be you Vie. When you smile or laugh, I see you, the real you. But then you snap back, almost as if you don't want to be happy. Let yourself be happy Vie, please." The begging tone in his voice made my heart ache.

"I'll try," I whisper.

"That's all I needed."

•••

This is kind of a filler, but it's still very important. Tell me what you think of my story so far! I want to know if you guys like it! Don't forget to vote, comment, and check out my other stories!

-Ally