Chapter Twenty

I walked into my mother's room. We were home. She was laying in bed, sleeping. I sat next to her and she opened her eyes.

"What is it dear?" She asked worry in her eyes.

"I'm afraid."

"What are you afraid of?"

"That your going to die..."

"Why would I die?" I opened my mouth to explain when Bella came running in. My mouth opened and I ran over and hugged her. She hugged me back, and I picked her up and spun her around.

"Vie, why are you crying."

"I just had a nightmare." I closed my eyes and squeezed my sister tighter. I felt her slipping away from me. I held her tighter, but soon I was only holding air. The scene changed. I was standing over Bella's grave. I was sobbing. My father was no where to be seen and my mother was kneeling on the ground, unable to hold herself up. Once again the scene changed and I was in my bathroom, holding my razor. I held it to my wrist, I stopped putting it down. My eyes hardened and I cut myself, over and over. There was so much blood. I fell over and I died. The next picture I saw was my mother laying in a hospital bed, alone. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. The heart monitor stopped. She died alone.

I gasped sitting upright. Screaming. Tears were falling down my face and I sobbed. My throat felt raw and my eyes burned. My door burst open and Jasper was there. He sat on my bed and held me, rocking me back and forth. He shushed me and I held him, sobbing into his chest. He rocked me back and forth, back and forth. When I was calm enough I closed my eyes and concentrated on his heart. As long as his heart was beating I would never be alone. I would never be alone.

"I will never be alone." I whispered.

"You never will be." He assured me. I hiccuped into his chest and he held me tighter.

"My dream... Bella was in it. I died, my mother died, Bella died, everyone died!"

"Your still here, your mother is still here. You'll never be alone."

"I'll never be alone." I mumbled closing my eyes. His heartbeat lulled me to sleep. He hummed softly, my eyelids became heavy and I feel asleep in the arms of the one I love.

I opened my eyes in the morning and realized I was still in Jasper's arms. I looked up and saw he was awake. He smiled at me and I gave him a small smile.

"You will never be alone Vie." I nod and place my head back on his chest. I close my eyes tight, trying to stop my dream from coming back to me. I saw it again anyway, every second of it. Tears filled my eyes and they soaked through his shirt. "Vie, Vie don't cry."

"I don't want to cry!" I said closing my eyes tighter.

"Think about something else."

"Like what?"

"Listen to my heartbeat. My heart beats for everyone I love and care for. You, Leo, Lizzy, my real mother. I still love her, even though she he left us, I understand why she left. Who does your heart beat for Vie?"

"You, my mom, Leo, Lizzy, and Bella." My tears slowed enough so I could open my eyes.

"Even people who aren't here with us our heart beats for."

I looked up at his face and smiled. "Why do stay with me? You can go and get anther girl, one who doesn't cry herself to sleep, or wake up screaming, or most importantly has to be helped into a wheelchair."

"Because I love you. You don't really get to choose who you love, but I could I would still choose you."

"Why?"

"Your beautiful, smart, funny, and I love you." I lean my head on his chest again and listen to his heartbeat. "You won't be in a wheelchair forever, you'll walk again." He whispers, kissing the top of my head.

"Don't we have school today?" I ask opening my eyes and looking at the clock.

"It's already ten thirty, we should just stay home." I don't protest, I lay back don with my head on his chest. I close my eyes and I feel happy. Actually happy. Without Jasper I don't know where I would be.

•••

I am updated again today because I don't know if I will be able to update tomorrow. Don't you just love Jasper! And poor Vie! Comment what you think of this chapter! Don't forget to vote, and check out my other stories!

And thank you to ivy_ray for supporting me! It helps me out a lot!