Chapter Thirty Three

It was Friday. I sat in my wheelchair shifting with nervousness. Music was next period, we have to sing my mother's song in front of the whole class. To say I was nervous was an understatement. When the the bell rang I let out a shaky breath and closed my eyes. Jasper came and wheeled me to class. He took my hand and rubbed the back of my hand.

"Don't be nervous." He tells me.

"What if I mess up?"

"Then you mess us." He says simply. I shake my head and give him a shaky laugh. We get into the classroom and the sub smiles at us.

"Who would like to go first?" Of course no one raises their hand. He sighs and picks up his clipboard. "Mary, Joe. You will be going first." They groan, but get up and walk to the front of the class. They sit and start their song. They were good, only making me more nervous. Jasper grabs my hand, sensing my discomfort. "Great job." The teacher says as they sit down. "Next, Leo, Jasper, and Vie." Jasper wheels me to the front nod Leo sits in the stool next to me. Jasper sits in the other stool and I close my eyes, starting to sing.

"There's sun shining behind the clouds, there's a smile behind my frown, no matter where I am I'll always be here with you," I stop opening my eyes. Jasper starts to sing.

"I'll be there to wipe away your tears, to chase away your fears, I might feel so far away, but I'll always be with you., Jasper stops singing and Leo starts.

"Cause there's a bright sun shining through your frown so lay down, rest now, rest forever, my dear," he stops and we all start singing together.

"My dear lay down, I wipe away your tears, I chase away your fears for now, so lay down, rest forever, rest now my dear, my dear." We finish and the class starts to clap. I open my eyes and smile. I take a deep breath and Jasper wheels me back to my seat.

"That went well." Jasper whispers in my ear.

"Shut up." I say hitting him on the arm. He laughs and we listen to our classmates for the rest of the period. Once we get home Lizzy runs up to us.

"How did it go?"

"It went very well, Vie was amazing." Jasper said.

"I'm sure she was," Lizzy said smiling. I stand up, holding onto Jasper's arm so I don't fall. I walk to the couch and sit down. I lay my head on the back of the couch and close my eyes. I feel someone sit next to me did I open my eyes. I smile at Jasper and lean against him.

"You really sounded beautiful."

"Thank you, you sounded really good yourself."

"What about me?" Leo asked sitting next to us in the couch.

"You were okay." I say laughing as he pouted. This was my difunctional little family, but it was all I needed.

•••

The music project is done! I don't know how many chapters will be left, but not many. Comment vote and check out my other stories!

-Ally