Chapter Eighteen

I sat in my wheelchair narrowing my eyes at the sight before me. My classmates stood outside on the lawn of the school chatting and gossiping. They have yet to see me, Jasper and Leo stood next to me, waiting until I was ready. I nodded slowly, swallowing my fear. Jasper pushed me forward, my arms felt as if they weighed one hundred pounds. My stomach was twisted in knots, but my legs stayed stationary, as always. As if on queue all their heads snapped up at once. They all gasped and turned to he person next to them and began to whisper. I lowed my head and I saw Leo give me a grimace. I'm sure Jasper gave me one too, but he was walking behind me. He got to the double doors and Leo held them open for my wheelchair. Jasper got to his locker and opened it. He took my backpack off my lap and started to empty it.

"You can use my locker, it will be easier to get your books.". I nod, barely aware of what he said. I kept my head lowered, but I still felt all of their gazes on me. Jasper led me to home room earlier than everyone else. The teacher instructed me to sit in the back and lean on one of the desks. Jasper put my books down and kneeled on one knee. "Your going to be fine Vie. Stop over thinking things. I'll be back to pick you up later.". He pecked my lips and stood up. He left, I assume to his locker just as the bell rang and student began filing in and sitting in their seats, but not before giving me a glance. Almost everyone sat in the front, to stay away from me no doubt. A boy I had never seen before walked in. He had dark hair and dark brown eyes. He walked in and the whole class started to whisper. He let his dark hair cover his pale face. He walked to the back of the class and sat in the desk beside me. I gave him a curious glance out of the corner of my eye, and he did the same.

"I'm Seth." he said quietly. The whole classroom fell silent and their eyes widened.

"Vie" I said just as quietly.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked. The way he said it, it wasn't meant to be mean.

"Car accident." He nodded before looking around the room. Everyone turned their heads do fast, I'm surprised they didn't get whiplash. I let out a low laugh and he did too .

"Why is everyone staring?"

"One you're new, two you're talking to me, and three, I'm talking back." he gave me a confused look and I sighed.

"This is my first day back since the... Accident. I've changed, I never really talked to anyone before."

"Don't I feel special." he said giving me a crooked grin.

"You should.". The teacher stood up and began teaching, waving her arms enthusiastically. I sighed and slouch back in my wheelchair. It was going to be a long period.

I was right, the period was endless when the bell finally rang it seemed the whole class let out a breath of relief. Everyone stood up to run out, but Seth and me. I looked at him and he was looking at his schedule with a frown.

"What do you have next?"

"English, Mrs. Mclerney?"

"Me too, jut wait a second until Jasper gets here,"

"Who's Jasper? He asked. I opened my mouth to reply, but was cut off by none other than Jasper.

"Only the most amazing person to ever exist." I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"I was going to say an annoying, arrogant...oh hey Leo!" I said as Leo strolled in too.

"Hey, I decided to meet you here, since we are in the same class I thought we could walk together. Hey who's this?"

"I'm Seth, Vie was just helping me with my schedule." Jasper and Leo looked over at me with shock.

"You helped him?" Leo asked.

"Yes I did." I said glaring at him.

"Let's go, what do you have next Seth?" Jasper asked beginning to wheel me out of the class room.

"Same thing as Vie." He smiled and stepped aside so Leo could take the handles.

"I got to go, I'll see you next period.". Jasper smile at me and I waved goodbye to him. We got into he class an made our way to be back. We all sat down and the teacher began teaching.

The rest of he day went by quickly, pretty much the same thing. After school I was waiting with Leo for Jasper to show up. We were waiting by his locker. Seth saw us and smiled, making his way over to us.

Leo leaned down by my ear and whispered, "Looks like you got a new friend.". I turned and slapped his on the arm. He just laughed. "Jasper may have some competition." I slapped him again, but harder, but he only laughed harder. Jasper came and opened his locker and the four of us made our way out of the school, ignoring the whispers and stares.

•••

Tell me what you think of this chapter. Don't forget to comment, vote, and check out my other stories. I just started a new one call The Heart of the Forest. If you would check it out It would make me so happy!

-Ally