✦36✦ Blue Flower Arc - Let me protect you

Getting into an elevator, the others were able to catch their breaths within the momentary moment. 

"Michiyo, you okay?" Rock asked as he put her on the floor. 

She looked very unhappy with the turn of events; it's because of her that Tsukumo was forced to leave behind and stall the enemy. If it wasn't because she was weak, this wouldn't happen. 

"Michi, please don't blame yourself." Uno knew what she was thinking without her words delivering anything out in the open. "Don't be scared about leaving him behind, Tsukumo is strong! He is a ninja!" 

"Yeah! Tsukumo-kun will catch up with us as soon as possible!" Nico was trying to comfort Michiyo too, "Please don't worry about anything, Michiyo-chan!" 

Michiyo remained silent, not really taking notice of the comforting words the two were attempting. It was scary, not knowing whether the one left behind was alive or not was the scariest feeling in the world. If she was not weak, she would have been able to fend off the enemy. 

Rock picked up Michiyo once again the moment the elevator door opened. The lack of guards made them all weary, they needed to watch one another's backs in case there's an enemy.

"Let's go." Uno decided to lead the way, it will take all of his skills in making the right choice in order to protect Michiyo at this point. 

However, they couldn't get far because Uno was punched by something invisible. 

"Gah!" Uno landed against the wall, what was he punched by?! 

"Uno!" Michiyo then sensed something behind Rock! "Rock, behind you-" 

"Wha-?" Before he could react, Rock felt something kick at his back. 

"Kya!" Michiyo landed onto the ground with Rock on top of her. "Rock, you okay?!" 

"Ugh...w-what the hell was that?!" 

"Tch!" Michiyo staggered, but she stood up anyway. She took a deep breath and she blew frost out from her breath. Her quick clever thinking gave Rock the opportunity to see where the enemy was; frost was sticking onto the guy! He sent the man flying against the wall.

Rock shouted out loud and he punched the invisible figure that was covered in frost. "Uno, get Michiyo and take her away from here! 

"Got it!" 

"No! I'm fighting with Rock-" Just as she said that, she felt faint once again. Why? What was wrong with her? She would have fell if it wasn't for Nico supporting her.

"You're not even well enough to fight, just leave it to me here!" Rock put a hand on her shoulder, "I won't lose, I'll catch up with you as soon as possible!" 

"No! That guy is a specimen! He's like me! There's no way you can-" 

"Michiyo, he's nothing like you!" Rock put his other hand on her other shoulder, looking into her eyes with strong determination to protect her. "I told you, you're not anything like them, I can see that!" 

"Rock..." 

"I'm going to be fine. I'm going to come back to you in one piece, okay? I promise you that." Rock ended up messing her hair up, "I'm going to be fine." He turned around and made cracking noises with his knuckles, "Let's deal with that guy then." 

'There isn't anything much I can do...' Even though there wasn't anything she could do, she still wanted to try something. She looked up to see sprinklers up above them. "Jyugo, is there a way to turn the sprinklers on?" 

"Here." He pressed part of the wall to activate the sprinklers. He didn't understand why Michiyo wanted it on, but he pressed it anyway. 

The moment the button was pressed, the sprinklers started to pour down droplets of water from above. Michiyo saw the opportunity and she blew out frost once again, making the droplets of water turn into tiny little balls of ice and land to the ground. When the ground accumulated enough, she slammed her hand on the button to stop it completely.