✦44✦ A world where I exist

"Until I see her dead body, I won't believe she is dead!" Hajime was shouting beside Mitsuru's ear, giving the other quite a work in the ear. "People don't die without leaving a corpse behind!"

"No one is going to come out with such an unfriendly face, Hajime." 

"My face have nothing to do with it! It's been a damn month since that day! Thank god the Warden never suspected a thing! My paycheck is on the line here! If she fins out anything about that day, I'm dead!" 

'That's because I am the one who is reporting everything is fine and stopping people from talking about No.314...' He thought in secret; sometimes helping a dear friend doesn't need announcement. "How are the boys in Cell 13? They came to term yet?" 

"I don't care about them." Hajime say that, but he was a little freaked out by the amount of misery oozing from the said cell. 

In Cell 13, the boys were just waking up to another day without her. 

"Michi said she wanted to kill us, but there is definitely a part of her where she doesn't want to do that. That poor girl has been fighting with her inner demons the whole time..." Uno was no longer injured after nearly a month of rest. The inmates' injuries were reported as clumsy mistakes so no one would suspect Michiyo's doing. "Choosing between wanting to hurt those who hurt her and wanting to protect us all. Michi doesn't hate us one bit. I think the only one she hates right now is no one but herself." 

On the day she disappeared, the ice and everyone's time were no longer frozen, everything went back to normal...sort of. 

Nico grabbed a tissue and he dabbed his crying eye. He really missed her, he thought Michiyo would return when everything was okay again, he couldn't understand why Michiyo disappeared without a trace when the words got to him. He didn't want to accept Michiyo had died, but hearing how she suddenly disappeared made it hard not to think that. 

"To be honest, I really thought she killed you until I took a better look at you, Uno. All she did was knock us all out." Rock laughed a little, "Wanting to hurt us but also want to protect us, huh? Michiyo did say she wanted to use her powers to protect those important to her."

"That's why she was torn the whole time." Uno sighed, "I just wished we could have gotten through to her. If we did, then maybe..." 

Jyugo looked at the shackles around his wrists; having this amazing power was meaningless if he couldn't do the right thing with it. 'I ended up hurting her with these. Why is it I can't use them to protect her?' Just like the way Michiyo wanted to protect him, he wanted to protect her too. "Michiyo's promise is what saved her in the end." No one rescued Michiyo out of the darkness, the promise to want to protect those important to her was what brought Michiyo out of the darkness.

Rock opened the mini refrigerator to get the sandwich he saved from last night. However, there was only an empty plate. "Hey, which one of you ate my sandwich?!"

"You're talking about food in this depressing moment? Really?" Uno was a little annoyed at Rock's stomach acting up at this time. 

"I eat when I feel sad." 

"You eat regardless what your mood is." Uno looked at the mini refrigerator to find his drink was gone too. "Great, not only are you greedy when it comes to food, but now you resort to stealing other people's drinks." 

"I didn't do it!" 

"...maybe it's Michiyo-chan?" Nico's words made everyone look his way. 

"Jyugo, let's summon her with Kokkuri-san!" Uno suggested!