♡61♡ Arc of Hearts - Out of love

"Ranfa, I'm so sorry. Ranfa..." Her Mother said to her in tears and agony. "Your Father and I...w-we both loved you very much...but the corporation just wouldn't let all of us leave in one piece...we had to conduct these heinous experiments on you." She tearfully admit to her daughter as she struggled for the words to come out. "Your Father and I just wanted the money, that was it. W-we ended up being trapped by the people there. We tried to escape as a whole family...even decided to die as a family...but we just couldn't do it!" 

There were so many times when the parents wished to go back and start anew, but life wasn't so kind to them. They wanted a way out, tried for it so many times, but in the end they always end up like birds being caged. 

Ranfa looked down for a moment, "Why are you telling me this now? It's not like it's going to change how I see you and Father. I grew up wanting you two to acknowledge me. And what did I get? I get abuse mentally and physically. And when I ran away, found a place for myself, you guys attacked me!"

Ranfa's Mother blinked tiredly as the pain was making her dizzy by the minute. "The corporation wanted your powers. Your Father took on the job in order to fail, he wanted to make Nanba Prison increase its level of security..." By pretending to really go through with the operation to retrieve Michiyo at the time, they made sure Nanba learnt of the corporation and upped their security. 

"Your Father and I wanted to protect you. We tried so hard to do so, we really did. We thought letting you escape and have Ranmao replace you will solve the problem...but it never did." 

Ranfa looked disgusted, "Are you fucking stupid? What is Ranmao going to think? You brought her into this world as a replacement, how did you expect her to take it? Heh, you probably deserve to be put there after all." 

The guys kept quiet about Ranfa's cruel choice of words but they found themselves unable to blame her considering what she had to go through. 

Ranfa's Mother closed her eyes tiredly, trying to ignore he inner pain. She was being torn apart little by little. But she endured the pain, just to have that very little time to talk to Ranfa as much as she could. She wished she could take care of her, but the corporation threatened her and her husband with death. If they showed even a sign of love for Ranfa at the time, they would have their lives terminated. They were put in a very difficult situation where the grim reaper mocked them every day. Day in and day out, death was right behind them and many eyes spied for any signs of betrayal. 

The pink haired girl sighed out tiredly, "All was for money and fame...I wish you and Father was content with what you have before you give birth to me. Maybe I would have had a normal childhood and family..." But then she might not have met Musashi, Michiyo, or anyone. The long and painful journey without love and affection got her all the way here. She's now standing here, still alive. 

"I just wanted you to know one thing, Ranfa..." 

"...you're born out of love." Michiyo's Father confessed to Michiyo. 

Michiyo didn't know what to say because she was crying. What her Father was telling her was painful to her; he's on the verge of having his sanity torn into two but he's telling her that Ranfa was born out of love this whole time. Not only Ranfa, herself too. She didn't know Ranfa's Father saw her as a daughter too. It touched her heart knowing that she was seen as someone born out of love too.

"I had a feeling when I met you, you're Ranfa but at the same time not her. Thank you living, Michiyo. Knowing you are safe means Ranfa is safe too. Thank you for being born." 

She had many people telling her that they're thankful of her birth. Ranfa's birth was significant but so was hers, an existence that wasn't supposed to be born.