✦39✦ Blighted Flower Arc - Signs of blight

The paper copy of Michiyo's crimes was contained in a file right in front of Hajime's desk. As the supervisor in charge of her, he was given the vital information. Everything about her was typed up, none of it was a lie. 

Even though the truth was a closed file away, Hajime didn't look very concerned about it anymore; there was more to the truth than what's in front of him after all. 

"Oi, Hajime." Samon was asked to pass the pile of files to Hajime's desk, "We all signed this but you." When he dropped them on his desk, his eyes caught sight of Michiyo's file. 

"Don't drop it, put it down properly!" Hajime put Michiyo's file into his drawer. "If you're looking for No.314, she's in the game room with the other idiots." 

"R-right." Samon couldn't get Mao's words away from his mind. Serial murder, torture, mutilation of corpses, mishandling of corpses, and GBH (Grievous bodily Harm)...was Mao lying? Or did Michiyo really committed those crimes? "Hey, Hajime?" 

"I don't have a banana to give you." 

"Not that! And you know I hate that shit!" 

"What is it then?" 

"What do you think No.314 did to get here?" 

Hajime looked calm on the outside but on the inside, he was sweating beads of sweat. 'Is he trying to get me killed?!' 

"How am I supposed to know?" 

"That cat said she committed serial murder, torture, mutilation of corpses, mishandling of corpses, and GBH." White as sheet, Hajime was as white as a piece of A4 paper as Samon listed it. Samon doesn't seem to notice it though, he was looking away from Hajime because he wasn't sure what to do and where to look. 

"You know that cat likes to annoy the shit out of you. When did your brain become so small that you're so gullible now?" 

"What did you say?! You're dumber than me! Your lack of a brain explains your lack of hair!" A verbal battle with Hajime was a hundred times more important than Mao's words now.

"What did you say, you monkey?!" Hajime locked his drawer and he got up to make his way to the game room.

Back with Michiyo, she was in the game room playing a game on Nico's device.

"Michiyo-chan, kill it, kill it!" Nico was bouncing behind the sofa, watching her slay the dragon in the game. "Use the burst combo! Hurry!" 

Michiyo was concentrating on the kill of the 3D dragon in the RPG game that Nico downloaded to play. Her character jumped up and activated a series of combo to defeat the dragon once and for all! 

"I did it!" 

"Yay~! Michiyo-chan is so cool!" Nico hugged her shoulders from behind, so happy to see the dragon defeated. "You're so cool, it hurts!" 

"Did you take your medicine?" 

"Not yet." 

"Take it now, Nico." 

"Yes, yes. Today's flavor is that Chinese white rabbit candy that you gave to me one time!" 

"No way! I like that!" 

"Haha~! You can't have my meds though." 

"Aww. But you do have the candy on you, right?" 

"I wish!" 

"Aww..." She looked away in disappointment. 

"What got you sad now? I'm here now." Uno said while holding an envelope that contained a letter for him.