✦38✦ The bluest flower

A few days later, Michiyo was awake in the hospital wing. She was no longer injured, she was just a little tired. She wondered how everyone was since that day she protected Nanba Prison from the downpour of acid. 

She was looking out of the window from the bed, where she sat against her pillow. She felt calm just seeing the clouds drifting across the blue sky without a care in the world. She might be in prison, but this was her freedom in some way.

"No.314." She looked at the door to see Samon coming in looking fine and well. He also have a fruit basket for her.

"Hello." 

"Ah, how are you feeling?" 

"I feel fine, thank you." 

"That's good." He sat down on a chair and he began to to peel an apple with a knife. "I'm glad to see you are well again." 

"Hm. You're not going to ask me anything about...you know?" She doesn't really know where to start with the story.

"No,  No.11 already told us what we needed to know." 

"Uno..." So Uno decided to tell them in the very end.

"What happened in the past, nobody wanted such a thing. Look at it this way, you're a lot happier now." He cut the apple on top of a plate. He stuck a plastic fork onto a piece and he decided to feed one to her, "Open your mouth." 

"I-I can eat it myself..." 

"Let me feed you, you're the patient here." 

"Eh..." 

"Besides, you and No.69 feed each other now and then." 

"That's different! We're both trying each other's food!" 

"Oh? So it's special when I do it?" 

"Hmm..." She pouted with a blush, she felt bullied and she didn't like that. 

"Sorry, sorry. But let me feed you." He was not taking no for an answer, "Either you let me feed you, or you can watch me eat the apples. Your choice." 

"That's not a choice at all!" She pouted and look away, "You're a grown man bullying a young girl, you're cruel..." 

Samon laughed at the way she was pouting, she was so cute to tease. He looked at her with a tender smile; she really changed a lot since the day they first met; that icy girl who chose to deceive was now a girl who could be real. 

Michiyo wondered why he was staring off into space but she bit the apple from the plastic fork. "Hmm~." 

"Hey, No.314?" 

"Yes?" She chewed the apple to smaller pieces in her mouth and she swallowed it. 

"Thank you for being born." 

Being told that meant so much to her, who was created for the sake of human greed. Being told that gave her a reason to be born and to keep living. She began to cry because she was happy to hear that. "Thank you." He had no idea how much it meant for her to be given a reason to live and never look back from the past.

"You cry easily nowadays." He didn't mind that though, he didn't mind wiping the tears away himself. Crying proved someone was definitely human after all. "Here, be a good girl and finish the fruits." 

Samon stayed with her up until she finished the apples. Seeing that she was well again was a good thing, he should let her rest. Besides, he's got a lot of work to do. "Ah, I  forgot to ask her about 'that.'" 'That' referred to the reason why Michiyo was here. 'That' was her crime. He opened the file in front of him and he pulled out the report on Michiyo, which mentioned nothing about her crime. He wondered what it was...