✦43✦ Blighted Flower Arc - It's never too late

Mitsuru looked at the cameras and he saw that the entire Nanba Prison was encased in what looked like an unbloomed lotus flower. "I can't tell if she's trying to freeze this place or protect it..." He muttered to himself. "It's a good thing the Warden is on a trip, I don't want her to see this shit." 

The memories of the clones all came back to the real Michiyo. She touched her heart because she wondered why she could feel pain in her heart. Was it because Samon stabbed the last clone with her own weapon? No, this was not a physical pain...what was it? Tears dripped onto the table, the sorrow and loneliness overcame her. 

"What's this? Tears?" She didn't understand why she was crying. "I'm not hurt though. Why...?" She didn't understand the meaning of the falling tears. Why was she crying? "Hey, Mitsuru-san?" 

"Hm? You called, little lady?" His call with the Warden had ended with promises that everything will be fine when the Warden returns. Mitsuru sure was busier than usual; assisting Hajime and the others on which route they should take; making sure no one tried to contact Nanba Prison from outside, and making sure no was able to come to the island for the time being. He couldn't let anyone from the outside world know about Nanba Prison being trapped by ice.

"Where are they?" 

"They're heading this way." 

"All of them?" 

"No, Rokuriki, Inori, No.71, No.58, and Seitarou are not coming along. I think they're heading to infirmary."

"I see. They're sending Upa along just in case I will harm the injured. Unfortunately for them, I have no interest in broken goods." 

"You're a lot kinder than I thought, No.314." 

"Huh?" Michiyo was confused by what he said as she stood up. "I don't know what you're saying. I am anything but kind, I injure others so I can be happy. Someone like me doesn't have the rights to be called 'kind'." 

"You liar." Mitsuru muttered with a small smile, "How long are you going to lie to yourself for?" 

...

Back with the others, They were all travelling on the electrical carts, making their way to HQ. Kiji and his two inmates rejoined them after being blown away by the blizzard, he was glad to see some of them were in one piece. 

"No.314 is a lot kinder than I thought, she could have killed that boar and that tasty chocolate mint, but she only injured them lightly. I mean, to stab someone without splitting the spleen open, she sure was careful. You all made it sound like they were goners until No.71 checked on them." Kiji said that on purpose just to guilt trip the guys who pushed her to this point. "Do you know why relationship fails? Because both sides can't communicate properly. You all say you want to rescue her, but words aren't reaching her. Just because she said she wants to kill all of you, you all look depressed because you believe her. Don't you guys know people lie in order to hide the truth?" 

Samon smiled a little at Kiji's words; there was still hope, the Michiyo they all knew was still here in a way. When Qi told Samon that the injuries said his subordinates will be fine, he was glad to know Michiyo didn't stain her hands. 

"And she could have froze you two, but you two managed to defrost." Kiji looked at Hajime and Yamato.

"Seitarou-kun sure is kind to take both Inori-kun and Rokuriki-kun to safety!" Yamato said with a smile, "We should let No.314 know the two of them are safe when we take her back with us!"