♡56♡ Water & Diamond Arc - What is there when ice melts?

Ranfa sat against the crimson red door, waiting for Michiyo to come back from the last door. When she heard the sound of a door opening, she opened her eyes to see Michiyo coming out of it. She saw that Michiyo was crying tears out of happiness. 

"You saw all of the shape of love?" 

"Yeah." Michiyo watched all 6 doors disappear. She whispered a very quiet 'thank you' to those who loved her. In a way, she loved them too. 

"I bet you're curious about the doors right in front of you."

Michiyo could see a green door and a crimson red door. She wondered why only these two doors were separated from the previous six doors. 

"Michiyo, I'll cut to the chase. If you open the green door, you will end up with Samon-san. If you open the door behind me, you will end up with Musashi...once you open one of them, you won't be able to go back." Ranfa stood up and she sorrowfully touched Musashi's door. "Pick one...once you pick a door, don't regret a single moment." 

The blue haired girl could see a slight trembling from the pink haired girl. 

"Damn it..." Ranfa whispered as she bit back her tears. "Damn...!" 

Seeing Ranfa cried made Michiyo want to cry too. 

"What are you doing? Go and pick the green door." 

"I...I can't. I can't..." Michiyo couldn't pick one and leave the other. It's breaking her own heart having to be a murderer to one of their feelings. She loved both of them very dearly, she couldn't possibly choose one over the other. She loved Samon, the first guard she could trust with her life. She loved Musashi who became her home. Both of them had a place in her heart, she doesn't know what to do, she doesn't want to hurt either of them. 

Ranfa could see her struggling so she decided to help Michiyo out. "If you kill me here, it will be easier for you to choose."

"What...?" 

"I'm not a figment of your imaginations. I am the part of you who loved Musashi. As long as I exist, your feelings for Musashi will stay in your heart. Kill me and get this over with, Michiyo." Ranfa got down on her knees and she closed her eyes, offering her own life for Michiyo to get rid of. 

"Ranfa, you-!" 

"You'll see him as a family the moment you kill me. He won't be lost in your heart." 

"B-but..." But Michiyo didn't see Musashi as a family. She knew that because Ranfa exist before her. "Ranfa, do you love him?" 

Ranfa opened her eyes and she looked up at Michiyo with a smile, "Why are you asking me that?" 

"Please. Please..." 

Ranfa decided to answer Michiyo since she was begging her for an answer. "I love everything there is about him. While you lived with a different name, I've been here all alone. I missed him every single day since the separation. And when you met him again, I felt happy. Honestly, seeing him again, I felt alive one more time. Not as Sen Michiyo, as Sakura Ranfa." 

Born as Sakura Ranfa, Michiyo abandoned the name because she thought Musashi was dead. She locked away her feelings for three years because she didn't know what to do with them. The Ranfa standing before Michiyo was the 'her' Michiyo wished she could have become. Strong, confident, and always seem to know what to do on the spot without hesitating. To Michiyo, Sakura Ranfa was supposed to be an independent girl who could live without looking back.