✦40✦ Blighted Flower Arc - Freeze

She's not pure like the cherry blossoms, nor was she a forget-me-not that swayed peacefully in the wind. She was merely a blue flower blighted by sins, an innocent looking flower that sucked blood from the roots as she saw fit. 

"B-but you at least showed regrets for what you did, right?" Uno had to ask this; he didn't want to believe the Michiyo he got to know was someone who could discard human life with ease. The Michiyo in his eyes was a gentle soul, a lonely girl who was learning how to make friends and just want to smile and get along with everyone. He felt like he was starting to lose grip of the image he had of her. 

"Not really." Michiyo always killed without regrets, she might give her victims a fighting chance or a head start to escape, but she never let her victims walk away walking. She looked at her clean hands, "If you're going to do something, you either do it without hesitations, or don't do it at all." 

"Michi..." He wanted it to be nothing but lies, he wanted to protect her...but how could he now?

"I didn't think you'd be that cold-hearted, Michiyo-san. My image of you have completely changed." Trois said to Michiyo, clearly disappointed of her words. 

"How come you get to be out here with us after what horrible thing you did?!" Honey pointed out, "Inmates who did serious crimes should have been kept in solitary confinement! How could you be here with the rest of us with what you did?!" 

"I-" 

"No matter what the reason is, killing someone is always wrong!" Uno shouted, his hat shadowing his eyes. "Why? Why are you like this?!" 

"Why are you sticking up for the victims?" She looked down at the ground, disappointed that Uno would say that about her. "Why can't you try and-" 

"Try and understand? What is there to understand? You clearly enjoyed snuffing out people's lives like candles." 

"It's not like I'm going to snuff yours out." 

"That's not the point! The point is you've always had this chance to do it if you feel like it! Maybe not now, what about tomorrow? What about a few years time? What if you feel like killing us then?!" 

Musashi pushed Uno aside, "You're the one who doesn't understand Ranfa! Don't say shit when you don't know a thing about her!" 

"You're just going to follow her blindly, aren't you?" 

"I am. Even if the whole world is against her, I will always be by her side. Besides, she-" 

"Why are you making excuses for her? I know you like her, but it doesn't make anything right at all." Rock said to Musashi. "It's kind of creepy how you can be like this. Why do others' life mean to you?"

"I don't care. I just know Ranfa's life means a lot to me." 

"Did you lose your morals when you lost your eyes?!"

"Why are you so annoyed about who I killed, it's not like I killed your relatives." Michiyo reasoned.

"That is a twisted logic, Michiyo! You don't have to kill a relative of mine to freak me out with your crime! Murder is just wrong!"

"Rock..." She could see no one was willing to hear her side of the story. Everyone was looking at her withcondemnation. "Musashi, I don't want to be here anymore. Can we go somewhere else?" Musashi could feel the shake in her hand as she grabbed his arm. "Please?"

"Anywhere is better than here." Before they left, Musashi paused at the entrance. "Just to let you all know this. If I find out one of you hurts her behind my back, it won't be her who will kill you...it will be me." With a threat that involved Michiyo, he really will commit it. He drove fear into the back of every inmates' head on the spot.