Altertale! Sans x Depressed! Reader

(Y/N) POV
My parents and siblings have been dead for a year and i just can't take it. People bullied me because they thought I was lying and was just an attention seeker. I hated my life. Ever since they died I had to be in foster care. The lady who runs the place is mean. She is also really lazy and forces us to clean and cook. I was friends with everyone there except the 'boss.' I still missed them so much. When everyone was asleep I ran away to MT. Ebott. They say who ever climbs it never returns. That is exactly what I want. I want to be with my family. I climbed the mountain. Once I reached the top I saw a huge hole. I smile and lean towards the hole. I felt myself fall. "This is it." I said. I felt tears run down my face. I felt the ground hit me but softly. I get up and realized I had a few bruises on my legs and arms.

"It didn't work?" I asked myself quietly. I get up but in pain as if I didn't have enough already. I then hear someone coming my way. 'Maybe they will kill me if they see me since I did hear that there are monsters down here.' I see a skeleton. (If you don't know how Alter!Sans looks like, this is how he looks like. I'm also to lazy to describe him).

 I'm also to lazy to describe him)

He looked really relaxed. He noticed me :). "Oh hello I'm Sans, Sans the skeleton caretaker of The Ruins." He said sweetly yet in a lazy voice. "Hi." I give him a small wave. 'I'm guessing he is not gonna kill me.' "Come with me it is dangerous here." He held my hand gently and showed me The Ruins. "What's your name?" He asked without looking at me. "(Y/N)." I simply said. "That's a nice name." He turned to me and smiled. This caused me to smile as well. "Thank you Sans." I haven't smiled in awhile. It felt nice. Then as we walked I saw candy. I always had a sweet tooth and I haven't gotten candy in awhile. My mouth started to water. "Sans may we get candy?" I asked him giving him puppy dog eyes. He smiled,"Sure why not." We walked and by we I mean him. I ran to the bowl and got two pieces of candy. I ran back to Sans. I fed him the candy. "I'm not greedy." I gave him a small smile. He had a blue hue on his cheek bones. "Thanks kid." He held my hand again. I ate the candy and it was DELICIOUS! We then stopped in front of a purple house. (Is it still purple in Altertale or is it blue cause of Sans' color scheme. I'm going with purple).

"Welcome you your new home." He opened the door ans we walked in the house. "Nice place you have here Sans." I said to him. He smiled. "Thanks (Y/N)." He said sweetly once again. I explore the house. I then felt a bit hungry so I go find the kitchen. I find Sans making hot dogs. "Are you hungry (Y/N)?" He asked while looking at me. I nod. "Well we will be eating hot dogs. Here you go. Eat up." He handed me 2 hot dogs. "You got ketchup?" I asked. "Of course." He pulls out 2 bottles and hands me one. I put it on my hot dogs. He drinks the other one. Weird. But we all got weird things that we like to do. (Fun fact: when I was younger like about 7 years old every time we will eat fast-food I would always drink the ketchup packets and never really used them on my burgers or fries. My mom and sister told me what I was doing was weird but I never stopped until I was 10. Now you know me a little. I still drink ketchup). I took a bite if the hot dog but when I took that bite Sans had that blue hue except it covered his whole face. I then tried eating it all whole. This caused the blue on his go a dark blue. I finish the first one. "What is it Sans?" I asked him curiously why he is blue. "N-Nothing!" He stuttered. Later on I realized what I did to make him blue. "You are dirty minded." I smirk at him a bit. (And so am I).

He leaves the kitchen. I follow. "Where do I sleep?" I asked while feeling a yawn coming.  "I'll show. Follow me." He walked away as I follow closely behind him. He led me to a room. "Your very own room. I hope you like it." He smiled at me. This feels weird since the lady on the surface really doesn't care and Sans is being nice. "Thank you." I walk and he leaves. I felt a bit tired and lay on the bed. "I wonder if he will be like her later on?" I asked myself a little worried if I will be hurt down here like up on the surface. I close my eyes and feel darkness swallow me up. I fell asleep.

I woke up and stretched. I rubbed my eyes so they don't have that heavy feeling. I get up and use the bathroom. I walk out later and head towards the kitchen. 'Sans isn't up yet. Maybe just once.' I look through the cabinets. I found what I was looking for...a knife. I walk to the bathroom quietly and close the door and locking it. 'It's been awhile.' I roll up my left sleeve. Good thing I'm have a hoodie so it will cover up the cuts. I slash the knife on my skin. I wince at the pain. 1 became 2 then 5 then 9 then 13. I started bleeding a lot. I clean the sink and my cuts. I also clean the knife. I walk out head towards the kitchen and put the knife back. I then sit in front of the fire just staring at it.

I like the sound of fire flickering. "It's pretty...." I mumble. I then hear Sans walk in. "Hey kid." He said tired and sat on the chair. I wave at him. "Can I ask you something?" He asked while looking away from me. "Sure." I say quietly. He looked at me and said,"What is it like on the surface?" He asked with curiosity in his eyes. "In MY experience the surface is cruel." He looked shocked. "Every day when I wake up I always know what will happen....I get beaten up. I would be called names and punched kicked you name it I felt it. There are good people but not a lot. My life was perfect back then but now it was a living Hell. Still is...but you are so kind which brightens my day." I look at him with a small smile but it disappeared quickly.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but why did you fall down here?" "...." I said nothing. "You can tell me later." He walked off.

4 days later

I still cut myself but only on my arms since I always wear the hoodie. I don't think Sans knows. I was in my room and I was reading a book.

Sans' POV
I wonder why (Y/N) always wears that hoodie. When I ask her to take it off they always refuses. I'm gonna find out today. I knocked on her door gently in case she was asleep. Later she opens the door. "Hi Sans." She waved. "Can I check something?" "S-" I cut (Y/N) off and roll up her sleeve. I was horrified at what I saw. "What did you do?" I looked at her with concern and sadness. (Play song). Why would she do this to herself. "...." She said nothing. "How long?" I gave her a serious look. She hold 5 fingers. I was shocked that it went on for this long and I never noticed. I feel so bad. "Please answer me (Y/N)." I look at her sadly. She walked to her bed and patted her bed motioning me to sit next to her. "I've done this for awhile even before I fell down here." What she said shocked me. "Why? Why would you do this to yourself?" I asked feeling myself about to cry. "When you asked why I fallen down here and what it was like on the surface I said it was terrible. The reason was my family died. I fell in depression and people thought I was lying. This made me more sad so I cut myself." She was crying now. "I did it for a month but then I stopped." She was still crying. It was so difficult for her. "The reason why I fell down here was to kill myself. I wanted to be with my family." I widened my eye sockets. She wanted to commit suicide. "Nobody really cared for me except the kids in foster care." I widened my eye sockets even more if possible. "But ever since I met you, you made me see the world in a whole new light. You are my ray of sunshine." She gave me a small smile. I blushed at this. I hugged her. "Thank you for everything Sans. I love you." I was so shocked yet relieved at this. "I love you too (Y/N)." We hugged and cried together.

I'm sorry it sucked and it was a bit sad I think. I mean if it made you sad. I will be taking requests as well.