27: ...Awkward Confessions

I was harassed. I was forced against my will. I was forced to stay up at 3am to "play" with them. What are we? Kids?!

I growled and crossed my arms as we sat in a circle in the living room. Me between Cassandra and Kyle, like things couldn't get any worse! "What are we meant to do?" I grumbled.

Fox pouted, "PMS?" he asked I gasped at him and grumbled more.

Clarke laughed, "Yeah that and lack of sleep!" He laughed more nudging Kyle. I will not deny what he said though, so I gestured Saff to give him a punch. "Owh!" he cried rubbing his arm while she sat there all innocent.

Cassandra put her arms up, "Why don't we play confessions?"

Nicole scoffed, "What?" she asked as if Cassandra lost her mind.

Cassandra rolled her eyes, "Spin the bottle whoever the top lands on, that person could ask any question to anyone. Simple," she shrugged.

"I'll spin since I'm the birthday boy!" Fox announced grinning as he snatched the bottle of Cassandra. So he spun it landing on Nicole.

She smirked evilly and clasped her hands together, "I've been dyyying to ask this!" she drawled looking at me. I raised my brows waiting for her to ask a question. "What is Tootsie?" she air quoted. At that moment all my anger was replaced by embarrassment.

Clarke and Fox sniggered a little while Kyle and I sat there uncomfortably. "Uh... Tootsie is a movie that was released in 1982..." I then laughed it out awkwardly to make things seem funny.

She had a flat look on her face, "I mean it!"

I sighed throwing my head back, "I was once at a church funeral, and I accidentally farted okay?!" I exclaimed crossing my arms. Kyle, Fox and Clarke were the first ones to burst out laughing eventually making the others laugh too. "It's not funny!" I yelled trying to make them stop.

Saffron sobered up a little, "You're right, it's not, because you and I know there's a double meaning to it." I looked at her crossing my arms while raising a brow. The others also looked at her in confusion.

"What?" I asked but she shrugged it off innocently. What the hell?

Fox clicked his fingers, "Right..." he drawled spinning the bittle again making it land on Kyle whom smirked.

"Nicole," he smiled evilly looking at her who didn't look affected. "Are you still hanging with your gang?" he asked. This is the moment of where everyone looks at each other hoping someone would do or say anything to get the awkwardness away.

I gasped and hit Kyle, "What the hell!" That question cane out too easy and too blunt. The look on her face was blank, almost as if she were expecting it.

Nicole shrugged but still had her eyes locked with Kyle's. "That's alright Claire thank you very much," she stated firmly. "And yes Kyle, I'm still with them just not as much," she confessed still in her calm tone and straight posture. "You and I both know I have to 'or else'..." she mumbled loud enough for us to hear. By that we all knew that she must be under a threat of some sort. Let all this money problem get over, then I will do something about it... Even if it involves the police

I opened and closed my mouth wanting to say something... "You uh..." I cleared my throat, "..You need to make an excuse to stay away from them..."

She shook her head, "Not until I have something against them," she laughed bitterly, "yeah right." As she'd said that it sounded like there was a spark of hope till she shook it all away.