~Slipspace Landing~

The jolt of the ship brought Hera back to the current problem, the Spirit  was low on energy. "Damn it, I need a crew. We've left friendly space into an uncharted galaxy. No signs of any UNSC battle cruisers, no mark V MAC guns, nothing. Just a defenseless planet." Hera said. She shook her head and began the re activation sequence to her crewmates. As she scrolled through the tubes, one caught her eye as a small smile formed on the AIs mouth.

~Cryo~

A man in Semi-Powered Infiltration armor began to awaken as the ice around him began to thaw.

"Up and at it Spartan!" A familiar female voice spoke through the speakers. The man moaned before shaking his head as the tube opened, allowing him to exit. The Spartan grabbed both sides of the cryo tube and heaved himself out as he stood and stretched before looking around as the crew exited their own cryo pods and walked to their respective positions. The Spartan turned and grabbed his helmet and placed it on as he began walking to the bridge. Though the newly formed Spartan Branch offered to take him in to become a SPARTAN-IV, he politely declined, considering this new branch of SPARTANs as children playing dress up and not knowing the hardships he and his SPARTAN-III brothers and sisters had to endure. As he made it to the bridge, the Captain and Hera stood over a map.

"Sir, our reserves are dangerously low, we need to refuel soon or we might not make it back to friendly space or worse." Hera pleaded.

"I understand Hera, but we need to know what we're dealing with here and now. There is a planet similar to Earth obscuring my windows." The Captain replied.

"Am I interrupting anything?" The Spartan asked as he entered. He saluted the Captain and walked over to the holographic map.

"Morning Jason, glad to see you well rested." The Captain said. "Sir, anything for me?" Jason asked.

"Well, we have little reserves in fuel. I would suggest taking a Pelican and three others to scope out this planet, see if the natives are hostile or friendly. We're badly in need of fuel as it is." The Captain replied.

"Understood, I'll take Josh, Aaron, and Riley." "Granted, just make it back as soon as you can." The Captain said. Jason nodded as the three men called appeared outside the bridge in their armor, weapons ready.

"Let's move Theta." Jason ordered as they made their way to the hangar bay. Jason grabbed an M7C silenced SMG and an MA5D Assault Rifle. Jason made his way to the driver's seat as the rest of Theta made themselves comfy in the back quarters.

"You didn't think you were going to leave without me now did ya?" Hera asked as she appeared next to him.

"Has the Captain given you orders to leave the ship?" Jason asked as he started up the activation sequence.

"Yes he did in fact, the chip is below me." She replied in a snarky attitude. Jason smirked under his mask as the board showed green.

"Kick down the door." He said as the hangar bay opened for the Pelican. The ship exited the hangar and began to fly to the unknown planet.

"From my readings I'm getting, it seems to be planet Earth, but not our Earth." Hera commented. "Same moon, same planets, same everything." She continued.

"This is a recon op Hera, not a science class." Jason said as he set the ship to auto pilot. "Sorry, tend to get ahead of myself sometimes." The AI apologized as he grabbed her chip. The hologram disappeared as he placed the chip in his helmet for safe keeping. He entered the small hangar bay where the marines sat ready for battle.

"Heh, seems just like before eh Aaron?" Josh asked. "You mean when you were to much of pansy to kill an Elite?" Aaron replied.

"Last I remember it was both of you who were to pansy to kill that Elite, Josh hid behind the Spartan as Aaron hid behind cover the entire time. Took a shot from my DMR to end the bastards existence." Riley said with a smirk. The two glared at him before Jason stood and stared at them.