~We've Got Time~

~Jason~

It had been two days since the Shadow of Intent glassed the Flood ship and the surrounding area. Jason was still trying to recover from his injuries, slamming into a building will do that to a guy. Kelly came back as she hefted a shopping bag of food and water with a first aid kit.

"Hera, what's his condition now?" Kelly asked as she placed the bag near his feet and sat in front of him as she opened the body suit to see blood covering his chest as a wound remained open. She opened the kit and grabbed a needle and medical thread as she began to stitch the wound as Jason winced before sighing.

"He's got a broken arm, multiple contusions to the higher back area and a mild concussion." Hera replied.

"Mild? Oh it feels extreme I guess all that adrenaline had dampened the effects of the pain." Jason said with a light laugh. Kelly snipped the thread as she grabbed a bottle of water and opened it to allow her to clean the rest of the blood.

"You just relax, I can deal with the recon." Kelly said as Jason nodded. "Not like I can do anything." He said as he turned his head to his helmet.

"Still can't hail the Infinity?" He asked. Hera appeared above the helmet and shook her head.

"Still too much interference. I've even tried using old radios to get even Overwatch's attention but I don't think anyone is coming." Hera said with defeat in her voice.

"Keep trying, I know you can do it." Jason said trying to lighten her up. It worked as a smile appeared before it was replaced with a worried look.

"You don't have to worry about me Hera, I got Kelly to look after me." Jason said as Hera placed her hands on her hips and gave a slight scowl.

"You know the entire time you were gone, the worry put a load on my systems okay. I don't want it to happen again." She said as Jason nodded.

"I understand." Jason said before turning to see Kelly kneeling in front of a window without her helmet as she looked down at the street to see rock and glass everywhere.

"This the first glassing you witnessed?" Kelly asked. "Nah, I've been in tougher scrapes than this." Jason replied as Kelly turned and nodded before leaving her guard and sitting next to him as she watched the sun shine through the clouds.

"I hope someone comes to get us." Kelly said. "Have hope, someone will." Jason reassured her as he leaned his head on her shoulder. She gasped lightly at the affection before sighing as her cheeks warmed to a red.

"So, do you wanna discuss 'us'?" Jason asked. "Sorry, I'm just worried about our exfill." Kelly replied.

"We've got time." Kelly grimaced before nodding as Jason lifted his head up and looked at her.

"I've been bred to fight, so I apologize if I'm not as affectionate as you are." Kelly apologized.

"You have nothing to apologize for dear, I've been in the same predicament as you were, I never knew love until I met you really." Jason said as Kelly looked at him.

"I've read stories about you and Blue team, even before Cortana and her Guardians. That day me and Mstatic met you, I guess I was fascinated with you really. Not in a stalker-creepish way, but my heart was telling me something about you." Jason continued. The sky began to darken as red, pink, and yellow had invaded the blue canvas. Before long, the sky had begun to darken as white dots faintly appeared.

"They say the future is in the stars, but now I stopped believing in that and now just look at them for the beauty." Kelly said as a smile took hold of Jason as he turned and laughed lightly, remembering that conversation.