~The BodyGuard~

~Installation 07: 1 Month Later~

Jason knew it wasn't going to be easy. He left a recent Flood incursion that attempted to gain access to the Cartographer and deactivate the barriers around the Activation Index. He walked out as he glanced up at the sky, he saw the blue sky and white dots scattering the blue canvas. He sighed and pressed the comms on his helmet, telling Gem to transport him back. He was surrounded by yellow rings before reappearing next to the Monitor and various Sentinels.

"So, that's the 120th Flood incursion and about 70% of Flood dispersed from this Installation." Jason said as his helmet retracted. Instead of his SPI armor, Jason was wearing a Forerunner combat skin that allowed him to interface with the Installation instead of it killing him for being a Flood Spawn. He had twin Boltshots on his thighs, a Suppressor on his back, and a Light Rifle in his hands.

"Well done Reclaimer." Gem said as a Sentinel flew over and injected him with a serum before flying away. Jason's face was now a lighter green, one eye returned back to it's original brown eye color as the other remained yellow. His hair was a slight brown, but you could still see the green from the infection.

"Well, I can say I'm doing better. I can feel my humanity coming back." Jason said as he walked over to him.

"That is good news indeed Reclaimer." Gem said happily. "I wonder what the Infinity is up to really." Jason wondered as he placed his rifle on the table and sat down.

"I know you miss your compatriots, but I need you to focus on the task at hand Reclaimer. This is more important." Gem replied sadly. Jason nodded as he turned to the mirror and sighed. It had a month since he last saw Kelly. Over the time since his unexpected 'death', Infinity had left this system to help in trying to halt Cortana's Guardians. All UNSC personnel had left this system and the Installation in the care of Earth Beta, as they focused on the real threat. He sighed and turned to see Gem looking at him.

"What do you need?" Jason asked. "We've gotten word that another attack is ready." Gem replied. Jason sighed as he stood, his helmet appearing over his face as he grabbed his Light Rifle and nodded. Thanks to being infected, he didn't need to sleep or eat, he was ready on a dime. He became surround by yellow rings before disappearing as he reappeared on an island.

"Gem? What is this?" He asked looking around. "There is a lab underneath the island, I've got a few hyrbids and two of Moira's minions." Gem said as Jason nodded.

"Time to meet some friends." He said lightly and entered the lab, walking down the slope and halting at the forcefully opened door.

'Way to make an entrance.' He thought as he entered the area. He could hear one barking orders as the rest growled.

"If I'd known any better, I'd say it's her thug Mati." He said quietly as he aimed his rifle down and walked forward slowly. Light bathed the Spartan as he looked in to see 7 hybrids and two of Moira's minions standing as Mati yelled at the monsters.

"Lady Moira needs this done now!" He shouted. Jason sighed and grabbed a grenade from his belt before throwing it into the group of hybrids as it exploded, incinerating some and burning the others skin before it exploded, killing off the hybrids. One or two remained as they turned and growled at the Forerunner-clothed Spartan. Mati turned as Kent jumped down and snarled.

"Hello there." Jason said aimed his rifle at Mati. The minion held a hand up as the rest halt their aggressive movements.

"How are you not under milady's control?" He asked. "It's called a pain in my ass, but you'll find out soon enough." He replied before killing the last two hybrids. He dropped his weapon and dashed forward as he jumped and kicked Kent in the face, dazing him but not knocking him out. He turned as Mati jumped at him and threw a fist. Jason easily caught it and subdued the minion before grabbing a Boltshot and firing at Kent's kneecap, crippling him.