~Spartan Meet Flood, Flood Meet Death~

~Theta~

Jason leaned into the passenger seat of a Warthog as Riley sat in the drivers seat and Kelly on the minigun. He looked over to see a GAUSS Hog drive by as more Warthogs drove down the street. The roaring of Falcons and Pelicans flew in the air as the army made it's way to the crashed Covenant Ship.

"Didn't we destroy any trace of the Flood when the Ark was destroyed?" Riley asked.

"So we thought." Chief replied as the Hog hit a bump. Jason turned to see three Overwatch agents occupying a Warthog, 76 on the minigun as Ana sat in the passenger seat holding a DMR instead of her biotic rifle, Reaper in the driver seat. He glanced up to see a Pelican fly above as Winston, Reinhardt, D. Va, Orisa, Genji, Torbjorn, Tracer, and Symmetra in one as the rest sat in another.

"Why is Overwatch in the assault force?" Jason asked. "This is our world Spartan. We need to show we can always step back up when we get knocked down." Petras replied. Jason sighed before the front lines halted. Jason placed his rifle on the seat as he stood up and looked ahead of him to see a line of infected Flood forms halting their movement.

"Why aren't we attacking?" Jason asked. "It appears the Gravemind wishes to speak." A Marine replied. Jason hopped out of the passenger side and grabbed his Assault Rifle as he made his way passed the other Warthogs as Reaper turned to him. Jason continued before stopping as one infected combat form that reminded Jason of an Elite lumbered over.

"You wanted to speak?" Jason asked as he hefted his rifle. "Yes, I believe we came on the wrong foot back on the Ring." The Gravemind said.

"Yeah, before you infected the crew of that ship." Jason retorted. "I was hungry, but I must ask, this world seems to be immune to us. We've tried infecting the populace, but the hosts would kill the spores or our infecting carriers exploded." It said.

"That's a good thing then. They don't have to worry about becoming you things." Jason said.

"That may be so, but that doesn't mean we can infect you!" It shouted as a infecting carrier jumped from under the combat form and tried to attach itself to his face as Jason swatted it away, green slime splashing onto his helmet as the same infected combat form dashed forward before a shot sounded off. He turned to see Linda standing on a building as more snipers appeared and rained hell on the parasite. Jason fired his rifle as he glanced up to see more piling out and charging the army as most of the combat forms held Covenant weaponry.

"Everyone, give them hell!" Jason shouted as miniguns fired, rockets launching, and Spartan Lasers charging before unleashing devastating blasts of plasma. Some of the drivers had formed a defensive line as the turrets fired at the incoming threat. Pelicans deposited warriors as they began to relieve pressure from the line. Reinhardt swung his hammer, smashing combat forms until pieces remained as D. Va fired her gatling cannons from her MEKA suit.

"Damn, these things are ugly, worse than Junkertown!" She said. Winston jumped to a group of marines that were being encircled by combat forms until the gorilla landed and dropped his weapon.

"Hold these." Winston said handing one marine his glasses as he growled before shouting as his skin turned a bright red and yellow lighting erupted from his eyes as the scientist unleashed his Primal Rage and began to flatten every Flood form that tried to assimilate them.

"Damn, remind me not get on his bad side." One marine said. Mitsugi hid behind a Warthog before glancing up and firing her rifle until noticing a Flood Carrier exploded as small infecting spores ran and encircle one poor marine as they all jumped onto the man before one burrowed into his chest as the man screamed in pain until green blotches appeared on his skin as his head cracked from one side before leaning to the right. His skin turned from white to green as his chest armor exploded until the marine was gone as the parasite took hold. She swallowed down a lump that formed into her throat until Echo appeared next to her.