~Awakening~

~Barracks~

Jason awoke from his nap as he sat up and cracked his stiff neck before opening his eyes to see the area vacant. He went to move before he felt something lean into his leg, he glanced down to see Kelly, without her helmet, laying down next to him. Jason could feel his face burning up a little as the red haired female felt the bed shift before cracking one eye open.

"Evening Jason." She said yawning before moving off the bed and stretched as Jason watched the scene unfold. Kelly glanced at him and smirked before leaning down and kissing him.

"Come, you'll miss dinner." She said walking to the exit before stopping near the door. "I hope you enjoyed what you saw, Hera is back in the command tent. Your helmet is on the table." She said before leaving as Jason sat there in awe. He shook his head as he stood up cracked his shoulder blades and grabbed his helmet as he exited the barracks. He saw humans and Elites walking back and forth, some walking side by side as humans introduced sports to the Elites as the aliens showed the humans their favorite pasttimes. Jason walked past as he headed to the lunch tent and saw Theta, Zulu, and Omega sitting next to each other. To his surprise, he saw Fred and Linda sitting near them as they talked with each other. Linda was speaking as a smile laid on her face, she seemed to be in a contest with Lyrical to see who could one up the other. Lyrical growled before sighing as he nodded to the female SPARTAN-II. Linda leaned back and laughed as the rest followed suit. He glanced to see Chief and Arbiter sitting next to each other as they conversed. A certain red head caught his attention as he turned to see Kelly waving him over as she sat next to Fred, a second tray next to her for Jason. The SPARTAN-III walked over and removed his helmet as the rest of the Spartans welcomed him over. Jason sat next to Kelly as Fred sat next to him.

"So, what did I miss?" Jason asked. "Nothing much, just me telling Lyrical here who's boss." Linda said with a smirk as she ate her food.

"That's not true!" Lyrical retorted. "Trust me Chris, you can never one up a SPARTAN-II in stories or battle." Jason said as the male Spartan lowered his eyes and sighed.

"I'll give it to you though, that story about you taking out Elites and four Hunters was impressive." Linda said. Lyrical looked up and nodded as a smile appeared. The Spartans continued to eat before Jason and Kelly were called to the command tent.

"As much as I love to stay and chat, we have something else to do." Jason said standing up and placing his helmet on. He grabbed his and Kelly's trays as he tossed them into the garbage. They waved goodbye as they headed for the tent. On their way there, Kelly reached down with her hand and squeezed it into Jason's as the SPARTAN-III glanced over to see Kelly looking forward. Marines, Agents, and Overwatch agents watched the two pass by before glancing at their interlocked hands. They entered the tent as Kelly removed her hand and stood at attention as Jason did the same. Captain Lasky appeared in holographic form as he looked at the two and nodded.

"We've gotten sightings of a four tentacle Flood form running around the glass site. I don't want to put the Director into a frenzy, so I thought I would tell you two." Lasky said.

"Yes sir." The two replied. "There is another reason I called you two specifically." Lasky continued. Now their attention was full as Lasky cleared his throat.

"This new Flood form, appears to be the same person that was digging through the glass. This 'Moira' you and Blue Team found." Lasky said as looking at Kelly.

"I want you two to find her and try to restraint her. I don't want here appearing in from out of the blue, and from the records Petras gave us, this Moira and Dr. Ziegler were close friends." Lasky said. Jason bit his lip as he remembered beforehand with Aaron under Talon's control.