~The Heroic Spartan~

~Barracks~

A loud alarm shot through the barracks, waking up both slumbering Spartans as everyone else sat up.

"What the hell?" Aaron asked as he stood up and placed his helmet on. Riley look at him and shrugged his shoulders as the Spartan Fireteams and ODST walked out to see Chief and Arbiter standing in front of the doorway.

"Sir!" The group said as they stood at attention. "At ease, our sensors report that Moira is building a Flood army, infecting new hosts or finding full bodies before reinfecting them. The more we waste standing here, the more she grows stronger." Chief said.

"We must act now, or else everyone is liable to be infected by this terrible infection." Arbiter said. Rustling could be heard as Chief and Arbiter turned to see Helm and a group of Elites in binds being escorted over. Helm stopped near Arbiter as the Elite snorted.

"I must ask, what is my purpose here?" Helm asked. "You are to assist these Spartans, should you try and deceive them, this one has every right to end you." Thel replied as he nodded to Riley. Helm glanced at him as Riley gripped his fist and nodded to him.

"I see." Helm said as the rest of the Spartans awaited their orders. "With Captain Lasky's order, we'll be taking two pelicans for the job. Spartans, move out!" Chief shouted as the Spartans saluted him and turned as they made their way to the armory. Jason placed his armor on as he reached for a DMR and placed it on his back. He grabbed one magnum and a few magazines as he placed grenades on his utility belt. He turned to see the blue female Spartan nodded.

"I don't like it." Jason said. "What do you mean?" Kelly asked. He turned to see Helm standing outside with the rest of the Elites as Kelly nodded.

"I understand, but we need his help if we are to defeat this enemy." Kelly said patting his shoulder. He turned and nodded as Kelly leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on his lips and placed her helmet on.

"Let's move." She said as Jason watched her leave. Riley walked over and patted his commander's shoulder.

"I'm happy for you sir. It's not everyday you see someone in a relationship with a SPARTAN-II." He said. Jason turned to him and nodded before reaching into his pocket as he pulled out the picture he had saved from the crashed jet. It was burned on one tip but it still showed the four members of Theta. He glanced to see Josh smiling as Aaron stood behind him and smiled at the camera. Riley stood next to Jason as the marine held a fist up and nodded. Jason held a strong smile as he turned to see Riley glancing at the picture.

"I didn't know you kept it." Riley said. Jason nodded as he placed the picture back in his pocket and placed his helmet on as he left the armory and headed for the pelicans. Riley walked out and glanced at Helm as the black and blue armor Elite sneered.

"I will be so happy if you betray us. That means, I'll have you all to myself." Riley said as Helm snorted.

"Keep dreaming." Helm said as he leaned off the wall and walked after the others. In one pelican held Spartans as the other held Chief, Arbiter and the rest of the exiled Elites. The pelicans lifted into the air as they headed for the area their sensors picked up Moira. Jason glanced down the exit before seeing a group of Flood and a familiar red haired woman in the head of the group. The pelicans veered in front of the group as Moira raised her hand. The Spartans and Elites exited the ships as both pelicans lifted into the air and took off back to camp.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" Moira asked. "You're sick, we can help you." Chief replied. Moira laughed as the Flood army awaited her commands.

"Sick? No, no, my dear. This is our evolution. This is our upgrade!" She announced with a smirk. Another pelican flew in as a few Overwatch agent piled out, Reinhardt, Soldier 76, Reaper, Mercy, Tracer, McCree, Torbjorn, and Genji jumped out. From the piloting seat, Ana walked out as she grabbed her biotic rifle from her back and nodded.