~Recovery And Orders~

~Jason~

The SPARTAN-III sat on the medical bay as UNSC doctors walked to and fro to care for him and other injured personnel. He turned to see the Talon agents gather as they were discharged. The serum had been working, but slowly. He sighed before the door opened as Chief and Kelly walked in. With what little strength he could muster, he raised his arm and saluted the Chief.

"Sir." Jason said before lowering his hand as Chief nodded. Kelly sat next to him as the Chief stared at him through his helmet.

"Is there anything I can help you with sir?" Jason asked before Chief glanced at him as the trance he was under subsided.

"I wanted to congratulate you on a job well done Lieutenant." He said. "Thank you sir, but I'm just doing my job." Jason replied with a smile.

"I also wanted to talk about the other 'situation'." Chief finished. "'Situation' sir?" Jason asked as Linda and Fred walked in and ushered the doctors out. Jason sat up and gritted his teeth before leaning back in the bed as he kept his attention on the Chief. He noticed John's gaze went from him to Kelly as the revelation dawned on him.

"We know about you two." Fred said as he grabbed a chair and placed in front of him as he sat down and leaned his arms on the top. Linda leaned on the door as her helmet remained on, she nodded as Jason gulped slightly before glancing back at Chief.

"And?" Jason asked. Kelly sighed and turned to face him. "I can't afford to be in a relationship Jason, if I were to get compromised, they would get to you." She said with a sadden face.

"'If they get to me?' I can defend myself Kelly. It doesn't matter, my feelings are true for you. I'm not some lowly marine that can't defend himself." Jason retorted as Chief crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry Lieutenant, but Kelly is apart of my team. I need her concentration instead of her thinking about anything else." Chief retorted. Jason looked at him before glancing at Fred or Linda to help out as the two SPARTAN-IIs avoided their gaze.

"Chief." Jason started before the man raised a hand. "I'm sorry Jason, but this is final. From this point forward, you are forbidden from interacting with Kelly unless it's for operations." Chief said before turning and leaving as Linda and Fred followed. Chief stopped and looking in the tent.

"You've got two minutes." He said before leaving as Kelly nodded before looking at Jason.

"Kelly." Jason said as Kelly sighed before placing on a small smile. "I'm sorry Jason, but Chief is right, if I am to stay on Blue team, I need to be level headed." She said as Jason nodded grimly before looking to side of the tent. Kelly's smile dropped as she reached over and grabbed his hand.

"Jason." She said squeezing slightly as the SPARTAN-III sighed and nodded. "I understand." He said not breaking his gaze but she could hear a faint crack in his voice. Kelly's eyes looked down before she stood up and grabbed his face as she turned it so his face looked at hers. His brown eyes gazed into hers as she leaned forward and captured his lips into a kiss. She leaned her forehead against his as she broke the kiss and smiled at him.

"I will miss you." She said as Jason stared into her eyes before nodding. She walked out of the tent before stopping a few feet as a single tear fell down her face before she brought up her gloved hand and wiped the tear away as she left for the armory to suit up. She turned and grabbed her helmet as her blue armor rested on her body suit and placed her helmet on as she grabbed a shotgun and loaded in a few shells before regrouping with the rest of Blue Team. Kelly walked up and nodded as Chief looked at her.

"Kelly." Chief started before she held her hand up. "Stop, let's just get this done." Kelly said coldly. Fred and Linda looked at each other as Chief gripped his hand and sighed.