~Questions~

~Jason~

For most missions, Jason had to sit out and observe. He'd see glances from other marines as they watched him run back and forth for the Captain. Lieutenant Mstatic smirked as he filed out paper work on a holo pad.

"How does it feel to be the Captain's lapdog?" He asked as they walked side by side one day. Jason kept his mouth shut as he continued his trek to communications.

"What does the old man want you doing now?" Mstatic asked grabbing the holo pad out of his hands. Jason stopped and turned to his superior.

"May I have that back, sir?" He asked, silently planning on what to do next. "My god, just to establish communications with the Infinity? Pfft, that's pitiful." The Lieutenant quipped before Jason snatched the holo vid and walked away.

"What? No snarky remark? No 'I'm gonna hurt you' threats?" He called out as the Sergeant continued his way, ignoring his retorts. Josh walked over and glared at him.

"He's been on more missions than your ass, how about you show some respect?" He snapped.

"Watch your tone Corporal. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't teach his 'squad' the basics of etiquette or command." The Lieutenant replied with a smirk.

"Well, sir, Sergeant Jason has been on more missions than you, taken out more Covenant leaders/radical leaders, he's even saved a country on a different planet from a race that threaten to kill them. So tell me again where respect should be shown, sir?" Josh asked with a smirk. Mstatic stared at him before turning away. As he turned away, he turned back to Josh and smacked his face.

"Another outburst like that, and you'll get more than a slap." He growled. "I wouldn't expect more for the ass kisser. Prissy little fuck got the easy way, the rest of us had to work for it." Josh growled as he rubbed his sore cheek. Mstatic's face grew red in anger as he opted for a Wild haymaker instead of thinking it through. Josh was glad the Lieutenant was blinded by anger, his ego was easy enough to tip over. The Corporal ducked and kicked out the SPARTAN-IV's leg before kneeing him in the gut and using his elbow to hit the Lieutenant over the head with.

"You fucker!" Mstatic shouted as he stood back up and took a battle stance as Josh remained calm and circled the angered man.

"After this, you'll wish you never took the position here!" He shouted charging forward, only for Josh to step side, trip him, and then kick his chest. people heard the commotion and entered the corridor to see the marine and SPARTAN-IV going head to head.

"What the hell is going on?" Wuss asked. "Lieutenant Mstatic is fighting Corporal Josh sir." One said. The Staff Sergeant glanced up to see Mstatic getting pulverized by one punch to the face. Wuss made his way through and appeared in front of Envy.

"Why aren't you stopping them?" He asked. "Pssh, this is the best entertainment I've seen in a while, you really think I would stop this? My money is on the Corporal." Envy replied before urging him on. Wuss glanced up to see Sergeant Yeager moving through the crowd before raising his voice.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!?" He demanded, making the crowd grow silent. Mstatic stood up as cuts and bruises covered his face. Josh turned to him, with the exception of a few scrapes and bruises.

"Get your 'dog' under control Sergeant." Mstatic said with a smirk. Jason turned to Josh and nodded.

"That's 2nd Lieutenant to you dog. Now get to the med bay and have them fix your damn face you ugly mug." Jason said turning to him.

"'2nd Lieutenant'? What?" He questioned. The Captain appeared as the crowd dissipated.

"You heard right Lieutenant, but since I can see you can't lead an example. I suggest a demotion, Corporal." The Captain said, a faint smile threatening to tug at his lips. He turned to Josh who stood at attention.