~Some Getting Used To~

Jason awoke on the bed as he stared at the same, brown roof as before. He leaned up and turned as he made his way to the shower and entered. After a few minutes, he emerged out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. He made his way back to his bedroom as he placed clean clothes on and left for the kitchen. No bickering, no laughter, nothing except silence.

"Afternoon Spartan." A womanly voice said. Well, except her. Jason turned as Hera appeared on the counter with a smile.

"Good morning Hera." Jason replied as a holo screen appeared, allowing him to skim through the news. One read "Lumerico under attack by cyber terrorist." Another read "Manhunt continues for vigilante known as 'Soldier 76'. The third was the remembrance of Commander Morrison and Overwatch before the fall. Jason sighed before flipping through to read about a Shambali Monk heading to King's Row to preach about the relationship between Human and Machine.

"Gotta hand it to him, for an AI, he's got balls." Hera commented. Jason smirked playing a video concerning the Shambali monk.

"Soon, Tekhartha Mondatta will be arriving in King's Row to hopefully stave off and re-align the relationship between Human and Omnic, back to you Phil." She said before the video continued with the report.

"What are you thinkin'? A possible assassin?" She quipped. "Possibly, but I want to take no chances." Jason said turning to the door as small robotic hands emerged with pieces of his armor and began to place it on the Spartan. He stopped at the door as his helmet lowered with Hera's chip already in.

"Ready?" She asked. "Ready." The Spartan replied as he exited the house, his armor bending with the light as he became invisible and started to make his way towards London. He glanced up to see the sun beginning to lower as the sky grew darker. In part of the darkness, he could see the glare of the Halo ring as it floated in plain sight. As he began entering the familiar landscape of King's Row, he made his way to the rooftops as the sun finally went down and the glare of the full moon began to creep it's way up in the night sky. He turned to see another man dressed in a security garb make his way to the top and take position.

"Charlie to Alpha, in position." He said through the mic. A faint click of heels caught his attention as he turned to see a blur of purple and blue run passed him as it attacked the security guard before slamming the butt of it's rifle on the man's head, knocking him out. Jason took a step back before the assassin turned her head.

'Whoa, talk about being a smurf literally.' Hera whispered. The woman took a few steps over until she stood in front of Jason. Her eyes darted around him as she tried to find the source. Her comms came to life as a faint gruff voice spoke to her.

"I'm in position." She said with a hint of a french accent. She turned and fired her grappling hook onto a piece of concrete and wrapped it around her ankle before jumping off the edge.

'Well that's new.' Hera commented. He walked over hesitantly and glanced over the edge to see her aim her rifle before her visor clicked over her eyes. Faintly, he could hear the booming voice of Mondatta preaching about equality. He placed his rifle on his back and was about to pull her up before a voice sounded.

"Trying to crash the party love? Ha!" The feminine voice sounded before gunfire erupted, causing the sniper to curse under her breath and vault to the next building as her sniper retracted into a portable machine gun and began firing on her attacker. Jason looked at her as the same blinking and brown haired energetic agent made herself known again.

'Glad to see Cadet Oxton is doing something with her life.' Hera said. Jason nodded as the building lit up in blue and orange gunfire as the former agent and assassin went at it. Jason took a few steps back and ran forward before jumping into a window and rolling onto the floor as he looked up to see the bursts of fire continuing. He jumped onto the railing and pulled himself up as he ran to the door and glanced over to see Tracer vaulting over the roof and tossing a grenade at the assassin. But with the reflexes of a cat, the assassin shot the bomb mid air, throwing the agent off as the assassin jumped after. Jason ran to the edge and looked as a bullet exited the assassin's rifle and traveled towards Tracer.