~Courage~

~Jason~

The agents of Overwatch, Spartan teams, Resistance, and Swords of Sanghelios, had gained a two hour of respite, allowing them to relax as they awaited orders from Infinity. Jason sat in the command tent with 76, Kelly, and Locke.

"Sir, what are you doing?" Locke asked. "Trying to figure out our battle against the Flood." Jason replied.

"Sir, we can always help out Alpha or Beta. I don't know if they are holding up as much as we did." Kelly offered.

"Alpha team is finished." Chief said over the comms. "Beta as well." Arbiter chimed in.

"Captain Lasky, me and my men are ready to assault the parasite." Arbiter said. "I'll respond with a suggestion, just sit tight. Our drones spot more Covenant in the area." Lasky replied. Jason sighed as Locke and 76 walked out to assess the troops as Kelly remained.

"What is it Kelly?" Jason asked. The female Spartan walked over and removed her helmet as her red hair remained tied up in a ponytail. Her piercing blue eyes seemed to barge past his visor and connect with his own.

"You don't have to push yourself sir, I know you care for these people." She replied as she sat across from him.

"You can drop the 'Sir' Kelly, it's just Jason." He said as he removed his helmet and sighed.

"Why do you push yourself? Is it to prove something?" Kelly asked. Jason looked at her as she waited patiently for his reply.

"Are you still scared?" She asked. Jason looked at her and smirked. "Was it that obvious?" Jason said as a faint smile appeared on her face.

"I guess, even after the Spartan upgrades, I've still been the same scared little boy that you met." Jason said leaning in his chair.

"Without fear, there cannot be courage. But when we are together, it is our enemies that should be afraid." Kelly replied. Jason smiled at her as he remembered the teachings of the Spartans of old and the courage they showed when overwhelming odds faced them. He remembered the battle of Thermopylae, the Spartans holding their own against the Persian army with nothing but their wit and strength.

"Thank you Kelly, you have no idea how much you've helped me." Jason said standing up and nodding as he grabbed his helmet and walked over to flap of the tent to see the Spartans, Swords of Sanghelios, and Overwatch team conversing with each other. It was peaceful for a while until a loud roar cut the talking. Jason placed his helmet on as he turned to see a large army of Covenant standing ready, a certain black and blue armored Elite standing in front of the army.

"Him." Jason growled as he grabbed his assault rifle and walked out to see him. "Who is that?" Kelly asked, helmet secured on her head.

"That is Vadam Helm, the thorn in our side long enough." Jason replied. "This bastard has been attacking the Spirit of Hope for as long as the Covenant war has been raged. He has his own agenda, but we'll do him a favor and relieve him of his list." Riley growled. Jason walked up to the army as Vadam followed until they were face to face.

"So, the ugly bastard shows his face again." Jason said. "How the times change, I see you've gotten a new upgrade, be a shame if it was trashed." Vadam retorted.

"How is this going to play out? A simple duel of fight to the death between our armies?" Jason asked. Vadam snorted as he pulled out his Sword and Plasma Rifle.

"I thought a good old fashioned battle between armies. Last one standing wins." Vadam said. Jason glared at him before a sniper shot cracked, embedding into one of the Brutes that laid in wait. This was the sign that the battle had commenced. Jason turned and made his way back to friendly lines as plasma fire blew past him, some hitting his shields as he dived behind a chunk of rock and fired away. Jason glanced up and knelt behind the rubble as he fired his assault rifle in the Covenant army across.