~A Nightmare Renewed~

~Control Room~

"Oh no." Hera gasped as the object walked into view, followed by more. "I am your destruction, assimilate!" The monster growled as the army ran forward.

"Oh no, the Meddler's crash landing must've broken the research room." Gem said. "No, not now." Jason growled as the team opened fire. Some bullets embedded into the monsters while others ripped them to shreds.

"They just keep coming!" Timbrr said as she fired her battle rifle before a monster attacked her, causing her to placed her rifle on her back and kick it backwards before grabbing her combat knife. With the speed of viper, she jabbed the monster in the head before it slammed it's appendage into her side, causing her to tumble behind Envy. Jason ran forward and fired a shotgun round into the monster's face, ending it.

"Gem, you got an escape plan!?" Mstatic shouted. Wuss turned his head to see a tube elevate under to the bridge where the group stood.

"Here Reclaimers!" Gem shouted. Mstatic turned and jumped in as Wuss, then Timbrr, and Envy followed suit. Jason fired his shotgun until it clicked, indicating he need to reload.

"Let's go 8-Ball!" Jason shouted as he placed the shotgun on his back and grabbed Gem before jumping in as it began to descend, the monsters tried to follow until they fell off the bridge and tumbled to the ground floor, a few splats could be heard until they ceased as Jason exited the tube, with Gem yelling obscenities.

"Easy Tinkerbell, damn." Jason said tossing him into the air. "I am more than capable in saving myself thank you very much!" Gem shouted.

"What, the hell were those things!?" Wuss demanded. Jason turned to Gem as the monitor nodded.

"Those 'things' are an infection. Known as the Flood." Jason replied. "No way, you mean the parasite that was thought to be extinct when the Master Chief destroyed the Ark?" Envy asked.

"Wait, the Ark is destroyed?" Gem asked. "Yes, but our sources have found another Installation fitting the same exact description as the Ark from before." Jason replied.

"This 'Flood', they inhabit dead corpses, right?" Timbrr asked. "Not just dead, but alive as well. I've seen marines killed back on the Battle for Earth from the infection when a lone Flood ship broke from High Charity and crash landed in New Mombasa." Jason said. Timbrr sat down on the floor as she processed the information.

"Damn, I thought the Flood was fake. A story to scare children." Envy said. "They are as deadly as the stories and it seems a Proto Gravemind is here." Jason said.

"'Proto Gravemind'?" Mstatic asked. "When Cortana and Chief assaulted the first Halo ring to save Captain Keyes, he was assimilated by the Flood. The two were lucky that his neural interface wasn't taken as well, or else the end of Earth would have been early." Jason said.

"How do you know this?" Envy asked as he stood up defensively. "Easy liberachi, don't you read?" Hera asked as she appeared.

"Well, I was busy with missions." Envy retorted as he eased up. "By 'missions' he means trying to get with some chick." Wuss said. Envy turned and glared at his sergeant before Jason snapped his fingers.

"Hey, right now, we need to alert Infinity about this outbreak or the battle down there will mean nothing." Jason said.

"What do we do boss?" Mstatic asked as he hefted his rifle on his shoulder. Jason nodded before turning to Gem.

"What's the fastest way to the armory?" He asked. "I'll teleport us there, your shields should be efficient to teleport us all." Gem said.