~FireFight~

~Jason~

The group steadied their weapons as the Flood combat forms inched forward, a few feet at a time.

"What's going on here Grave?" Jason demanded as he held his Assault Rifle. "I do not know, I do not have full control!" The pure form retorted as it held one arm up in a defensive position.

"Haha, ah you never cease to amaze me creature. Did you know that my species of human cannot be infected? But we can control you. Perhaps that is what the Forerunners meant for our humans to reclaim the Mantle. You UNSC thugs are unworthy to wield the power of your Forefathers. Our humans can control the Flood parasite, and utilize it's destructive power to bring peace upon the Galaxy!" Moira said with a large grin.

"Moira, you aren't well. This parasite in you, it's evil." Jason said. "Evil? No, it is a godsend. This Ring, it's information, it is here for us to wield. You feeble 'Spartans', you mistake peace for quiet as you think yourselves the center of the universe. Your war that you brought to our planet, and now you try to control our planet as well with your ideals. The UNSC is nothing more than a false protector." Moira retorted with an evil grin.

"I know you'll tear through my army, but what will you do when it's people you know, Lieutenant?" She asked. With a wave of her hand, four figures emerged before Jason's eyes widened in surprise.

"Team Apollo?" He said in surprise. "'Team Apollo'?" Aaron asked as he held his DMR.

"A group formed by Homeland Security to be utilized as a response team in place of Overwatch. They tried to find me out mostly, when I was undercover." Jason replied. Stark, Kent, Tech, and Rhodey stood as their skin was replaced with dark green, each of their eyes colored a bright yellow as they growled in front of them.

"Well, this 'team' looks very bloodthristy." Mitsugi said urgently. Jason gritted his teeth as Moira laughed.

"Hard isn't it? Forcing to fight your former 'acquaintances'. But this is my phase two, I have other carriers around this Ring, waiting. We will take control of this Ring and use it against the UNSC and Overwatch." Moira said.

"If you use this Ring, every other thinking creature in it's radius will die as well!" Echo shouted.

"Maybe, but that's a small price to pay. UNSC and Overwatch need to perish." Moira retorted. Theta backed up slowly as the combat forms growled, Apollo stood ready before Moira flicked her hand.

"Attack my children!" She ordered as the combat forms howled and dashed forward. "Open fire!" Jason shouted as he pulled the trigger, letting loose a torrent of bullets. The front lines began to diminish under wave of bullets as the monsters urged forward. Plasma rounds, Needler needles, and Carbine bolts returned in full as the Spartans turned and ran out of the room and into the corridor. The pure form stayed as it tried to hold off the masses before succumbing to the combat forms.

"Go, go, go!" Jason shouted and turned as he fired his Assault Rifle, ripping one apart. Moira followed, as did Team Apollo as they caught up with Theta. Jason turned to see the rest jumping into a grav lift and pushed Aaron in.

"Sir?" Aaron shouted before disappeared. A few minutes passed before Jason slammed the keypad, cutting off his exit as he stood his ground. He ejected the empty magazine and slammed another in before cocking back the lever. Rhodey, Stark, Tech, and Kent inched forward as they growled at him.

"Surprised? I made a few adjustments to the serum, so these ones are just as mindless as the hybrids." Moira said. Jason gritted his teeth as he aimed his rifle at one advancing hybrid before changing his aim to Moira and fired three bullets before turning back to empty the rest at the advancing hybrid. Mati ran in front of Moira as he absorbed two of the bullets, the thrid slipped through his hair as it entered her shoulder.