~Sacrifice~

~Theta~

The squad had rested a half mile away from where Jason was being held as Riley pulled our some MREs for them. He turned to Kelly and tossed her one as she caught it and nodded her thanks.

"Thank you Sergeant." She said opening the paper bag to reveal a candy bar. "It's an energy bar, once the rest eat and regain their strength, we'll being moving." Riley said. Kelly nodded as she bit into her food and leaned on a pillar as she glanced up to see a clear dark starry night. She finished her food before smiling at the sky.

"Remind you of something?" Riley asked as Kelly simply nodded. "Something a friend told me a long time ago." She replied as the memory flashed through her mind. Riley nodded as he turned to see Josh leaning on him as he ate his food.

"What? I couldn't find a better spot." Josh retorted before Riley lifted his arm and pulled the man in as he kissed his head.

"Well, my lap is more comfortable." Riley suggested as he glanced back at the sky. Echo and Mitsugi snorted as they sighed and relaxed their joints.

"Do you think we'll find him?" Kelly asked. "We will, Jason's a tough bastard." Josh said. Kelly frowned before sitting up and placed her helmet on as she grabbed her shotgun.

"I'll take first watch, you guys relax." She said before Riley patted Josh to get up as he stood and walked over to Kelly and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You really care about him, don't you." Riley said. "How could you tell?" Kelly asked. "Well, I've seen the glances you shoot him when he's across from you." He concluded as Kelly placed her shotgun on her back and removed her helmet, a small smile on the SPARTAN-IIs face.

"Well, he is the first I've cared for love wise." She admitted. It was rare for Spartan to admit these feelings as they were always expected to keep their emotions in check and follow orders. But what Jason said was true, they were humans underneath the armor.

"It's alright Kelly, I understand. I had to keep my feelings in check to care for Josh so he didn't get a round stuck in him." Riley said as Kelly turned to him and nodded as a single tear fell down her face before she raised a hand to wipe it away.

"Thank you, Riley." She said before turning to see the rest of the SPARTAN-IVs with their helmets on and ready for action as the darkness shrouded him. Kelly placed her helmet on as Riley grabbed his helmet and walked down the street as they continued their trek.

'That was nice Riley.' Hera said as she appeared and gave him an approving nod. Riley smiled as he continued down.

~Talon Base~

"Commander, five Spartans detected." One Elite said as Vadam snorted. "Let them come, they believe they have enough fire power to take this. No surrender!" Vadam shouted as the rest of the Covenant growled in approval. Jason turned to see the rest of the captives still alive. Sombra turned to him and nodded as purple tendrils leeched from her nails and began to pick the locks on her restraints before a click as both flew open. She lightly jumped on the ground and turned to see the aliens not paying them attention as she turned to Jason and began picking his locks. As she finished the last one, they opened allowing the SPARTAN-III to move before two Energy Sword points entered Sombra's stomach. The woman gasped as she looked at Jason to see his brown eye widen in surprise. The sword was removed as the hacker dropped into a motionless pile as Jason stared at her before glancing up to see Vadam laughing.

"Trust me, I knew she was going to do this. But if a death is something you wish, then so be it." Vadam said as he raised his sword before Jason lurched forward and used his elbow to hit the Elite's head as he dropped the weapon and grabbed his head to ease the dizziness. Jason grabbed the sword and activated it as he turned to see the aliens circle him as the Spartan dashed, filled with fury, into the fray and began to slice them all down, one by one. He sliced Brute's heads off, stabbing Elite's abdomens, cutting the masks off of Grunts, and slicing Jackals. He turned to see Vadam regain his senses and snapped his mandibles at the Spartan before alarms rang. They turned to see Theta assaulting the base, gunning down any resistance that blocked their way.