~You're A Promise I Will Keep~

~Jason~

The Overwatch team and Jason sat in their prison as Team Apollo were playing poker. Jason turned to the radar before the comms came to life.

"Lieutenant, you there?" Aaron asked. "I'm here Aaron, what's your status?" Jason replied.

"We're headin' in, the Hope is givin' us cover." Aaron replied before the sound of a MAC strike sounded from the comms.

"I can hear it, we'll throw up a beacon." Jason said. "Understood." Aaron said before the comms went silent.

"What about our pelican?" Tracer asked. "It'll be a giant opening. Cortana could unleash Prometheans at a moments notice.

"How right you are, Spartan." A voice growled. The group turned as a large Promethean, different from the Promethean Knights, appeared as he held a sword with a circular hilt. He glowed orange as his face seemed to smirk at them.

"Who are you?" Tracer demanded, her pistols already in her hands. "I am the Warden Eternal, and I am here to fulfill Cortana's duty as she claims the Mantle of Responsibility. But you, you are in the way of her." Warden said.

"You do not deserve this Ring, you nor Cortana. Humanity are the ones who rightful claim it." Gem retorted.

"I forgot about you Monitors. Pesky little things." Warden growled before he waved his hand as a wave of power slammed into the orb and caused him to shut off.

"Gem!" Tracer shouted before blinking at the humanoid Promethean and firing at him. "Insects, that's all you humans are." Warden shouted as he charged after her before Reinhardt boosted forward and slammed him into the wall. The Warden crumbled before turning as Reinhardt brought his hammer down, smashing part of Warden's face but not killing him.

"Back off beast." Reinhardt growled before a swoosh could be heard as he turned to see another body of Warden Eternal grab his shoulder and toss him away. The second body thrust his sword into the head of the first as it dissolved.

"I have multiple bodies, you have to try much better than that." Warden said as he turned to agents, D.Va helping him up. McCree aimed his pistol as he fired six shots at the Promethean, not budging or injuring him at all.

"I don't think that will work, I'll get Moira and Mati, Apollo, Overwatch, head outside!" Jason ordered as he grabbed two Boltshots and fired at Warden, getting his attention. He turned and took off as he dropped his pistols and entered their makeshift prison. He broke the door opened as Moira and Mati looked at him in shock.

"We're moving." Jason said before Warden yelled. "Now." He ordered as the two stood and followed before Warden blocked their exit.

"Humans, so disgusting." He grunted before Jason ran and kicked him back before grabbing his LightRifle from his back and fired rounds into his chestplate.

"Let's move!" Jason shouted as the three slipped past him and made their way out before Jason scooped up Gem as they exit before seeing a large group of Promethean Knights, Crawlers, and Watchers surrounding them.

"So much for leaving." D.Va said dropping her weapon and holding her hands up as the rest followed suit. Jason gritted his teeth under his helmet as the Prometheans growled at him. Loud stomps could be heard as Jason turned to see Warden stomping out and growling.

"You'll pay for that, pests." He threated before a blue hand touched his shoulder. "I would like to speak to them first Warden." Cortana said as she walked over to the group. Team Apollo, Moria, Mati and the Overwatch team stared at her as Jason glared under his helmet.